Ok so i went for a night out with a so called good friend. After a few drinks he basically starts slagging me off for everything ive done in my life, even though ive done more in my life than he has and im 2 years younger. Not sure what to do, i mean i could break all contact what so ever but that means one less person to hang out with during the week. anyone else had this problem or is it just the small town naive mother****ers that i surround myself with?
+ =
dude i dont think you're keeping in mind the "few drinks" part
Quote by Ikey
im no fred flintstone but i can sure make the bed rock

MY GEAR!

Epiphone Futura Custom EX
Randall RG75DG3 Combo Amp
MXR 10-Band EQ
Oscar Schmidt OG10CEN

howya doin
Quote by wolfeman85
dude i dont think you're keeping in mind the "few drinks" part

You know what they say.
Sober thoughts are drunken words.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by valdean
You know what they say.

No, sugartits, you're wrong. Oh, you're probably Jewish aren't you. That means you're responsible for all the wars in the world.

Drinking brings about shocking levels on honesty.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by boreamor
What exactly was he saying?

he was saying that i have no life experience just because i have no job right now and my money comes from his taxes. even though hes 22, still lives at his parents house and has never been laid.
+ =
Quote by War-Ensemble
he was saying that i have no life experience just because i have no job right now and my money comes from his taxes. even though hes 22, still lives at his parents house and has never been laid.

You cant "Be laid"! You have to "Get laid"! You're "Getting laid", not "Being laid"!

You, sir, have no life experience!
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at May 28, 2010,
Quote by War-Ensemble
Ok so i went for a night out with a so called good friend. After a few drinks he basically starts slagging me off for everything ive done in my life,
I had a friend play that shit on me once. I agreed with him and told him to order us another round and some whiskey shots to go with it. I'd pick up the tab for the whole night. While he ordered the drinks, I went to the mens room.

Then slipped out the back way. And drove home.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I had a problem where after I'd had a few drinks, a sober friend started ranting about how shitty my life is. He may have been mildly provoked, but the the examples he used were all jokes that he'd evidently taken seriously, and sort of joined together to form some kind of cartoonish, farcical idea of what my life was like. I don't talk to him anymore.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at May 28, 2010,
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I had a friend play that shit on me once. I agreed with him and told him to order us another round and some whiskey shots to go with it. I'd pick up the tab for the whole night. While he ordered the drinks, I went to the mens room.

Quote by whalepudding
I had a problem where after I'd had a few drinks, a sober friend started ranting about how shitty my life is. The examples he used were all jokes that he'd evidently taken seriously. I don't talk to him anymore.

Good advice, i think il do the same.
+ =
Quote by Burgery
You cant "Be laid"! You have to "Get laid"! You're "Getting laid", not "Being laid"!

You, sir, have no life experience!

Lol ok il simplify it for you, were talking about a 22 year old who has never had sex with a woman.
+ =
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

(Invalid img)
Skip the username, call me Billy
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

I will get even you prick.

Most of my friends are dead. The few I have left I would die for. Your friend is no friend.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
The way you're talking about him sounds worse than what he said. And you're not even drunk. You seem like the shittier friend.

I thought this thread was gonna be about my buddies Ross and rachel and company.. So I'll show myself out
Quote by Jackal58
I will get even you prick.

Most of my friends are dead. The few I have left I would die for. Your friend is no friend.
You've had this happen to you, haven't you?

Or are you just drunk?
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
He has low self esteem, maybe for good reason, and even though you and he are at basically the same place in life right now, he knows he's going nowhere, and sees an upside for you. He's not really intending to rip on you, he's just trying to make himself feel better about his own situation.

What you should do depends on what his friendship means to you. If you value it, don't give him too much of your own good news at once, and build up his own situation without being gay about it. If you don't value his friendship, just avoid hanging out with him, and if you do, make sure it's a nondrinking venue. It's really that easy.
Last edited by Rt1Rebel at May 28, 2010,
Quote by Rt1Rebel
He has low self esteem, maybe for good reason, and even though you and he are at basically the same place in life right now, he knows he's going nowhere, and sees an upside for you. He's not really intending to rip on you, he's just trying to make himself feel better about his own situation.

QFT.

What you do is entirely up to what you want to get out of the relationship. It's always good to have people at arms reach (you never know when you'll need to know someone with a particularly skill set). After all, while sober I'd assume he's worth hanging out with.

I see this as being him trying to boost his own self-esteem, but there have been times where I've seen my friends throwing away their careers and called them out in a very indirect way. Everyone has their own modus operandi, but perhaps your pal over here may actually be concerned about what you're doing with your life. Whether or not he actually has the right to do so is between you and him, but he might just care and require the "few drinks" to man up and say what's on his mind.
We don't bleed when we don't fight.
Go ahead, go ahead throw your arms in the air tonight.
We don't bleed when we don't fight.
Go ahead, go ahead throw our shirts in the fire tonight.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You've had this happen to you, haven't you?

Or are you just drunk?

I'm just drunk.
It took me 5 tries to type that. See ya tomorowe
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by guitarsftw
No, sugartits, you're wrong. Oh, you're probably Jewish aren't you. That means you're responsible for all the wars in the world.

Drinking brings about shocking levels on honesty.

Assuming you meant 'of' instead of 'on,' that's exactly what that saying means.
Quote by valdean
You know what they say.

Not entirely accurate, though. I know I've been drunk and mistaken a ridiculous scenario I'd once daydreamed about for something I was genuinely worried would happen. You shouldn't judge a sober person by what they do drunk, if he's a bad drunk just don't drink with him again.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
I'll be the- oh wait this isn't the thread I thought it was gonna be. Sigh.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
yea you sound like more of a douche then him, ahh he hasnt done a chick.

But im also living off peoples taxes right now...so Im torn.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by War-Ensemble
Ok so i went for a night out with a so called good friend. After a few drinks he basically starts slagging me off for everything ive done in my life, even though ive done more in my life than he has and im 2 years younger. Not sure what to do, i mean i could break all contact what so ever but that means one less person to hang out with during the week. anyone else had this problem or is it just the small town naive mother****ers that i surround myself with?

Talk to him about it.
Quote by War-Ensemble

People change when they get drunk. It's the sober versions you want to be judging.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
He was just drunk.
But then again, drunks tell the truth. I'd say ignore him a bit. I know people who come to me drunk to hug me and say "I looovee yooouuuu". That is a lot better, you know.