I'm trying to get better at rhythm guitar. I want to go from being a good rhythm guitarist to a great rhythm guitarist. What are some songs that would be great to improve my rhythm? I want to learn some Metallica like stuff, though not just by Metallica. I'm looking for very, very fast rhythms. I already know all of the rather popular 'Tallica songs (Master of Puppets, Ride the Lightning, etc). I would prefer all of the songs to be in E or D standard, since I really don't feel like changing the tuning on either guitar.
Also, are there any routines I could use to improve my rhythm?
Thanks for the help UG!
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Try some megadeth songs, I know Dave's crazy about rhythm (the mechanix has a very fast rhythm although its pretty much the same song as the four horsemen, because Dave was the one who originally wrote it, but this is good if you're going for a fast rhythm)
Quote by simpleben09

Also, are there any routines I could use to improve my rhythm?

Play to a metronome is pretty much the only way to do that...
Quote by zomgguitarz1234
Try some megadeth songs, I know Dave's crazy about rythem (the mechanix has a very fast rythem)

I forgot to mention that I've already learned a bunch of Megadeth in the past few weeks. Sorry haha
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Meshuggah. Failing that (most humans can't play Meshuggah, there's no shame), I'd recommend some metalcore stuff. I know people are gonna jump on me about this, but I think that learning some stuff from As I Lay Dying and the like will improve your sense of rhythm.
Look up some Racer X. Specifically Scarified, where the rythm guitar would be lead guitar in any other song. They do have a few faster things as well, such as Technical Difficulties.
Save a trip to the RT!
Quote by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.

Top trolling abilities.

Quote by caeser1156
God dammit you had me 10/10
Anything - all songs have a rhythm part.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by guitarmaniac88
Look up some Racer X. Specifically Scarified, where the rythm guitar would be lead guitar in any other song. They do have a few faster things as well, such as Technical Difficulties.

Phallic Tractor is also a great one for rhythm work.
raining blood, silent scream etc.. by slayer and hammer smashed face by cannibal corpse will definatley help your rhythm playing.
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
street lethal-racer x
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial