Hey guys, my friend told me she got this program called Sibelius. I checked it out and got the demo and thought it was pretty cool, but then I saw the price was like $650. does anyone have experience with this program? Is it really worth paying that much for it or is it not that much better than Guitar Pro?
Here's the link if anyone wants to have a look: http://www.sibelius.com/download/index.html
It's not really worth it just for guitar, but I think it's definitely better for composing with orchestral instruments and such.
-

If you are only good with tablature then stick to Guitar Pro.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
I can tell you from experience that writing guitar for sibelius is a royal pain in the ass. GP is much better in that aspect.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I would just get Tux-guitar. Its free and offers exactly the same thing essentially.
Sibelius is for orchestral scores. I have it, and it's good, but it's just not worth the price tag when you compare it with the $60 I paid for Guitar Pro. Guitar Pro doesn't quite have the notation functionality of Sibelius, but it is getting pretty good.

I would definitely say GP over Sibelius.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Guitar Pro is HORRENDOUS for anything but guitar tab. Sibelius is good for everything EXCEPT for guitar tab, which is still decent, just not as good as guitar pro.
  • Fender American Standard Stratocaster
  • Ibanez RGD2127z
  • Yamaha Acoustic
  • Cort Bass

• Laney LC30
Quote by green969
I would just get Tux-guitar. Its free and offers exactly the same thing essentially.

this is the only one I've ever used, and I like it. I wish it could do drum tabs though.
Sibelius does guitar tab, unless you have a really old version.
Sibelius allows for more technicality in your writing (eg, a broader variety of expression elements and markings).
My Last.fm
USA Fender Stratocaster | Roland Cube 60 | VOX ToneLab LE