C |-------------------------------------------------|
G |-------------------------------------------------|
D#|----------------2--------------------------------|
A#|4---4---4---4-------4----6---6---6---6---7---6---|
F |-------------------------------------------------|
C |--2---2---2---2---2---2----0---0---0---0---0---0-|

How the hell do you do that shittttt!!!

I think it's called pedaling the root, or pedal point riffing or something, where you palm mute notes and alternate with staccato'd notes on different strings. How the hell am I supposed to do it that fast? (listen to the song to see how fast it is) It seems impossible.

EDIT: Sorry, I do mean what should I do with my picking hand; with the string skipping and such.
Last edited by omegamuff1n at May 28, 2010,
well just barre with your index finger to hit the f on the d# string

only tip i can tell u to get the speed is to slow it down in audacity and work your way up
Quote by QAZAR
what song is it?

what a horrible night to have a curse - the black dahlia murder (i think)
It's What A Horrible Night to Have A curse by the Black Dahlia Murder. And yes sorry I mean what should I do with my picking hand; i feel helpless when picking this riff.
Quote by omegamuff1n
It's What A Horrible Night to Have A curse by the Black Dahlia Murder. And yes sorry I mean what should I do with my picking hand; i feel helpless when picking this riff.

well pick economically, try to waste as little time as possible by getting rid of unnecessary movement. so pick everything on the e string down and everything on the higher strings up so that your already moving towards the next string without having to change direction.
i just down pick it skipping over the 5 string. its similar to economy picking but skipping, im not sure if theres a name for it or not. that works for me but when i try to show other people how to do it they usually find it really awkward to do. the "correct way" of doing it would be to alternate pick it. also with your fretting hand i would jump between the 2 and 4 with my index and ring instead of holding them both down at the same time because that would probably sound pretty messy. hope some of this helps man
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby