Page 1 of 2
Well, the thread title says it all. I mean, we go to school, get a job, be a productive member of society, but to what end? Why go through all the effort, then die and be forgotten... Now I know there's going to be people that say there is no point, but then why do people take death so seriously.

*I know it's a little strange of a question, but it was inspired by what dudetheman said in another thread, how in the grand scheme of things, we will never make a difference, which is true.
Quote by severed-metal
What's the grand scheme of things?

The universe! We're all living on a spec of dust...
it always goes back to religion. christians work hard to get to heaven cuz thats their belief. the same with other religions. if u dont have beliefs then your screwed
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by Unourrit01
to see hayley williams nude. half way there....

dude i cant find this so called link to her rack....PM me haha

but seriously, the answer to life the universe and everything else....

is 42.
There is no point to life. Life happened by chance. We are no more special than non-living things in the grand scheme (meh phrase) of things.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
I guess the modern point is to make the most of your time here. Before, the point was just to procreate. A lot.
Imagine there's no Heaven. It's easy if you try. No hell below us, above us only sky. Imagine all the people living for today. Imagine there's no countries. It isn't hard to do. Nothing to kill or die for and no religion too. Imagine all the people living life in peace.

Now.

You may say I'm just a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

I hope someday you'll join us and the world will be as one.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
the point is to live, and do stuff to keep occupied.
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
Quote by bbetances

There is absolutely nothing special about it. Her tits are incredibly boring for someone so drooled over here in the pit. I don't see the appeal
Why do we need a point? You are here, you will be gone one day. Whether or not you find a reason for your life, it's all the same in the end. So I try to enjoy, try to learn as much as I can, and try to stay true to myself.
Inhuman evil take down!
Quote by :Vicious--
it always goes back to religion. christians work hard to get to heaven cuz thats their belief. the same with other religions. if u dont have beliefs then your screwed

Well I am a Christian, so I always have that, but I know a majority of the Pit aren't, so I was wondering what you guys think.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
There is absolutely nothing special about it. Her tits are incredibly boring for someone so drooled over here in the pit. I don't see the appeal

for me it isnt the fact that i can see the picture, its the fact that there is a picture
there isnt a point really. just enjoy it while you can and when you die ill see you on the other side.

in heavy: the story of metal, Sebastian Bach said "When i was a kid what was expected of you was, you go to school, you graduate, you get a job, you have kids, and then you die. well, thats not very fun! I want to rock and roll all night and party every day!"

thats my attitude towards life. sure, chances are im gonna end up a poor drunken loser that can play guitar really well that has done nothing in life, but if your having fun and enjoying yourself its all time well spent.
Quote by metaldud536
Because she has none.

Quote by CrossBack7
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

The appeal did wear off quickly.
Her tits alone shouldn't satisfy anyone.

Also, the meaning/point of life is 42.
Quote by bbetances

but seriously, the answer to life the universe and everything else....

is 42.

ha nice reference

and by the way your not missing much with that pic
You are an amalgamation of atoms (mostly carbon and hydrogen) that forms macro/super molecules and has evolved into an advanced being in order to ensure it's survive and procreate. So, from a purely natural point of view, you are here to ensure the survival of your species, specifically your genes.

Although really, there is no point to life, because why would one atom, or molecule "want" to do anything? It just behaves in a manner that is in relation to it's environment. And if you are a sum of these compounds, why should you "want" to do anything yourself?
Because it was a welcome change from huntering and gathering.

As far as life itself, it has no inherent meaning. If you want it to have one you have to make it up yourself.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
The point of life is simply to acknowledge the universe. if there was no life to acknowledge the universe then there basically would be no universe, meaning there would be absolutely nothing. and no matter what there would have to be something.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Quote by whalepudding

As far as life itself, it has no inherent meaning. If you want it to have one you have to make it up yourself.

*cough*religion is made up*cough*
Quote by Epicbizzjizz
Well I am a Christian, so I always have that, but I know a majority of the Pit aren't, so I was wondering what you guys think.

me too. beliefs are what keep u going. the hope for the second coming and stuff like that. i dont want to continue cuz thats for the religion thread but beliefs are pretty much it to life
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by StringAssassin
The appeal did wear off quickly.
Her tits alone shouldn't satisfy anyone.

Also, the meaning/point of life is 42.

I said that already, fool.

but then again, what exactly is the question? the answer and the question cant exist at the same time.

too bad about hayley's tits though, i'd still like to see them.
Quote by ryan_nadon
The point of life is simply to acknowledge the universe. if there was no life to acknowledge the universe then there basically would be no universe, meaning there would be absolutely nothing. and no matter what there would have to be something.

Yes, but it's well known that by observing things we change the outcome. So maybe the universe is the way it is because we observe it that way... So if we weren't here, maybe there wouldn't be a universe, or not one the way we see it...

Damn, that's heavy...
To live

Quote by Unourrit01

i thought she was so hot until i noticed the half inch gap between her front teeth.
Quote by GoodnightHero
To live

i thought she was so hot until i noticed the half inch gap between her front teeth.

Dude...

The gap between her front teeth is barely noticeable.

Quote by CrossBack7
The point of life is up to you.
Quote by Kozlic
Music doesnt need to be quality to be good.

Press eject, give me the tape, if you know what's good for you
Quote by rickyj

Exactly, and apparently it's one of the few things that make us genuinely happy and content. Lucky gullible bastards.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at May 29, 2010,
Quote by rickyj

*cough*that's why I'm asking why I'm asking you what YOU think the point of life is, cuz from what I'm getting; if you died RIGHT NOW, you wouldn't be upset, I mean, you'd just be gone, so why does anybody get so afraid of death*cough*

Wow, that was a hell of a cough. Seriously though, feel free to mention your religion beliefs if it affects how you look at life, but don't be an ass and flame others Mkay?
Quote by whalepudding

This, pretty much. Though, I can't really say I've made up a meaning for myself yet. I'm in the process. Right now, my only conclusion is that I must die happy. Not that it really matters, but I would LIKE to die happy. And even that won't matter after I die - I just would not want to feel regret on my deathbed. I'll realize that it was all pointless, but at least I could feel something... not so negative as I die. I just want to die happy.

That's the end, though. I don't know the means to the end yet.
Last edited by RedDeath9 at May 29, 2010,
Quote by Unourrit01

If you want to see nude pictures of some whining female vocalist whose performances are only admired by under 13s, why don't you google Vanessa Hudgens?

She's not as plain and unattractive as Williams, but you might see something you'll like.

So this is the point of life, not meaning? In which case - procreation. Life to make life.
Quote by Epicbizzjizz
The universe! We're all living on a spec of dust...

You don't know anything about the grand scheme of things. As far as you know, you can't even justify your own existence.

Listen, the grand scheme of things is your life, because without it, there is nothing. Not the universe, not how we'll be forgotten, but it's how you live your life. Live it the way you want it.

You will die, but you will die because you're ready. There is purpose for all.
For others to make it worse for us, make it worse for them and live happily ever after?
Needs a double bass, suggestions?
Page 1 of 2