Ok, so I can put about $300 into my Squier Affinity to mod into a 60's replica but I'm not sure it's worth it. I could just get a nice new Strat for around the same price.

Any opinions on what I should do?
Guitars
Douglas WRL595, ESP LTD EC-50, 60's Partscaster
Amps
Peavey Valveking 112 w/Vet30
Pedals
Fender Starcaster Chorus ,MXR Classic Overdrive, Artec 8 Band Equalizer, Digitech Hardwire Delay
get a new axe man
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
New guitar, man. I don't know what kind of music you play, otherwise i'd suggest a few great guitars that you could get for 300 dollars.
sell your squire,save up some more and put all your money together including the 300 and then bingo! you have a nice amount to spend on a good guitar
new guitar. u can mod ur squier but u cant change the bad wood it has. i think with $300 u can get a used Fender Mexican strat. If u wanna buy used, get a Squier classic vibe strat. Just as good as the Mexican strats without the Fender name on the headstock.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Sell the guitar, add the $300 and get a new MIM. They're not as good as MIA but a damn site better than Squires.
Moving on.....
Quote by Don Tonberry
Ok, so I can put about $300 into my Squier Affinity to mod into a 60's replica but I'm not sure it's worth it. I could just get an even more awesome USED Strat for around the same price.

Any opinions on what I should do?

fixed
get a new guitar, squiers are not worth modding

also i'd sell you my MIM Strat with upgrades(new pearloid pickguard with upgraded pots, pickups, switches, etc.) for $300
Last edited by handbanana at May 29, 2010,
Used MIM or new MIM....some sort of good Strat you guys knew what I meant. I thought the wood is decent in the Squier though, it's a 3 piece alder body.
Guitars
Douglas WRL595, ESP LTD EC-50, 60's Partscaster
Amps
Peavey Valveking 112 w/Vet30
Pedals
Fender Starcaster Chorus ,MXR Classic Overdrive, Artec 8 Band Equalizer, Digitech Hardwire Delay
I would also suggest a new guitar, the MIM fenders are pretty cheap. But I did upgrade my affinity, i swapped pickups and electronics. It made a huge difference in sound for sure. I do agree that if your dropping $300, get a new guitar, but the upgrades I made only cost me about $45 (ebay). So maybe throw a few small changes in there while you save up for a nicer guitar all together?