Page 1 of 2
where does UG work? im looking for cool ideas for a job. my last job was at a lame pizzaria, so im looking to branch out a bit.
so how do you make a living?
I'm working at a pizzaria also. It suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Medical Aide at the Woman's Hospital out here. Pays well to get me through college, prepares me for my career in the medical field. Can't beat that.
I'm a "General Hand" at the Patties Foods plant.
I can:
Make pie bottoms.
Make pie tops.
Cook the meat that goes into the pies.
Look after the oven.
Look after the scraps.
And do the breaks job.
Sometimes really hard work. Damn good pay though.
Math Tutor at my shitty junior college. I spend all day at college so I don't have to drive to another place, plus I don't need to keep my lunch in my car. Works for me.
Quote by consecutive e
I can:
Make pie bottoms.
Make pie tops.
Look after the oven.
Look after the scraps.
And do the breaks job.

Do you even make the pies?
First I worked in a movie theatre. The work is terrible, but you work with cool people. I went from there to my current job in a clothing store (Kenneth Cole, it's kind of expensive clothes). The work is a lot easier, but I can't stand almost all the people I work with. There's only 2 or 3 people I generally like.
15. Unemployed. Constant GAS. SUCKS!
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by Daffodil Lament
Do you even make the pies?

Bit more complicated than that. The trays run along the "Line" where the bottoms go in then the meat gets deposited, then cheese if we're making cheese pies , then the tops go on. then under the roller and the excess dough goes up a conveyer belt back to the dough mixing area and the trays go off into the oven. There's a bit more to it than that but that's putting it in the simplest terms.
It's a pretty large operation. We can pump out up to 20,000 normal sized pies an hour or 60,000 party pies and something around 100,000 mini party pies.
Quote by consecutive e
Bit more complicated than that. The trays run along the "Line" where the bottoms go in then the meat gets deposited, then cheese if we're making cheese pies , then the tops go on. then under the roller and the excess dough goes up a conveyer belt back to the dough mixing area and the trays go off into the oven. There's a bit more to it than that but that's putting it in the simplest terms.
It's a pretty large operation. We can pump out up to 20,000 normal sized pies an hour or 60,000 party pies and something around 100,000 mini party pies.

That, my friend, is a lot of fucking pies. Where do I sign up? Forget being a doctor, I want in on this.
Quote by consecutive e
I can:
Make pie bottoms.
Make pie tops.
Look after the oven.
Look after the scraps.
And do the breaks job.

the way i read that in my head made it pretty entertaining.

and meat goes into pies...? sorry, im from texas, so im probably thinking of something else...
Quote by GoodnightHero

and meat goes into pies...? sorry, im from texas, so im probably thinking of something else...

Shepard's pie?
Quote by GoodnightHero

Chicken pot pie?
Quote by Daffodil Lament
That, my friend, is a lot of fucking pies. Where do I sign up? Forget being a doctor, I want in on this.

Just come down to the plant in Bairnsdale, VIC, Australia and chuck in a resume, pretty sure they're actually hiring at the moment.
For those who don't know we make these and many other varieties and brands...

I think some get exported to the US as Wedgwood or something.
Quote by NoOne0507
Meat Pie? olololo Also, Meat and Gravy pie sounds horrible.

I think it sounds really damn good. But, being a vegetarian, is there a "fire roasted vegetable and olive oil" alternative?
Quote by Daffodil Lament
I think it sounds really damn good. But, being a vegetarian, is there a "fire roasted vegetable and olive oil" alternative?

Chicken and Gravy, hell yes. Unidentified Meat, Gravy, wrapped in bread, and warmed in the microwave, fuck no.
Quote by Daffodil Lament

Umm. I have my suspicions about the pasties on the Uni Line (They make sausage rolls and little mini pizzas and other stuff like that.) Actually you might be into the spinnach and fetta cheese rolls?

Quote by NoOne0507
Chicken and Gravy, hell yes. Unidentified Meat, Gravy, wrapped in bread, and warmed in the microwave, fuck no.

In the Four n' Twentys? 85CL beef mince, carrot and onion? Hardly unidentified meat, and pastry ≠ bread.
Last edited by consecutive e at May 29, 2010,
I can't find work
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
I work behind a bar. I pull pints, take food out to people, and talk absolute shyte with drunk/daft old people.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
this thread just made me really hungry so far.

and those of you that cant find work, im in the same boat sucks.
Jesus you guys get excited about pie.

I'm a security guard. Easily the most boring job in the world.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Quote by The_Sophist
Jesus you guys get excited about pie.

I'm a security guard. Easily the most boring job in the world.

What were the requirements for the job? I've been looking for work and I'm fine with boring.
Goddamn I want some motherfucking pie right now.

I'm an insurance consultant, my main job is in policy sales but I do a lot of customer service and advisory work as well. I'm also the referral point on my team for underwriting questions, which basically means people (including my boss) come to me when they have any questions. I'm the shiz.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by King Zirconium
What were the requirements for the job? I've been looking for work and I'm fine with boring.

A Masters in ass whoopin
I work in a post-production facility. Not always as glamorous as it sounds, but it can be pretty schweet sometimes.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

I recently scored myself a job at a local newsagency. Took me ages to find a job after I quit from KFC. I havent actually started work yet, but after exams are finished I shall be making money selling lotto tickets, playboy and cigarettes to creepy old people.
So come on in
it ain't no sin
take off your skin
and dance around in your bones

i'm a desk clerk at a best western, i do third shift, it's very laid back, boring at times, but i like it besides my shift work and the occasional person that comes in, i mostly watch tv and watch stuff online/browse the web.
PSN id: SeniorSausage
Quote by TheChaz
I work at In-N-Out. $10 an hour to start. Works for me.

Haha that reminds me. We just tried out In-N-Out for the first time because they just came to Utah and the chick at the window was all super happy and it was really creepy.

Shit was creepy, yo.
US Army right now, but past jobs I had-
-Government contractor (F18 avionics maintenance)
-Maintenance at a cosmetics factory (wife loved the free makeup)
-commercial electrician (too dodgy on the hours, one week-50 hours, next week-4 hours)
-Directv installer (that job sucked)
-cargo plane loader guy (not horrible)
-setup man/maintenance at an axle factory (real work, very tiring)
-ran a cold saw at an aluminum extrusion plant (boring)
-assistant manager of a Subway (freakin rocked, but pay sucked)
-worked in accounting at a Ski resort in Colorado (woohhooooo....but no single women lived in the etire town-DOH!!)
-worked in the office at a grocery store all through high school
RIP lowlife (fort wayne) the best crappy crusty punk band ever!
Quote by TheChaz
I work at In-N-Out. $10 an hour to start. Works for me.

#1 reason I miss Cali IN N OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!
RIP lowlife (fort wayne) the best crappy crusty punk band ever!
You Americans really need to try a Four n' Twenty meat pie... Freakin' delicious. One of the best Australian foods IMO.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
Quote by King Zirconium

18 years old. No police record. Fair physical ability.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Meat pies are fucking amazing.

I worked at a Michel's Patissere (cake store/cafe for those not from Australia/New Zealand) for 2 years. The boss was an ass to me for the first three months just to break me in, but then he realised I could do all the jobs and I eventually ended up as his longest standing member of staff. I basically got to sell cake, make coffee and talk shit about people with him. Also heaps of hot girls would work there. Had to quit cause of a skin condition the place gave me though... It was filthy. ****ing hard job too.

Now I need a new job cause I have $40 in the bank. Thinking of going to Maccas
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Better than my plan, look at those perfect little dick suckin' lips!
Kid's a natural I tell yah!Orange Rockerverb 50 MKII
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded
Fender Mexican Standard Telecaster
Hey I built a guitar
Page 1 of 2