Hey all. So I'm very new to guitar - I've been playing about a month now just trying to learn scales/chords from youtube/tabs and the like.

I'm looking to get into blues (specifically in the style of hendrix, SRV, allman brothers, ellmore james etc) and was wondering if anyone here could recommend a good beginner blues song or two as a starting point for a rookie such as myself. Thanks much in advance.

Cheers!
~ C
pride and joy - Stevie ray vaughan
purple haze - jimi hendrix

do you want to also learn to play slide? if so listen to rollin and tumblin - muddy waters although I prefer the johnny winter version.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Quote by rocknroll93
pride and joy - Stevie ray vaughan
purple haze - jimi hendrix

do you want to also learn to play slide? if so listen to rollin and tumblin - muddy waters although I prefer the johnny winter version.

heh again I've only been playing for a month now so I'm sure if I'm quite at the level where i can be rattling off SRV...

is there a less terrifying starting point for the blues, or do you have to jump right in?
first learn some easy blues licks. go youtube and find some lessons on playing blues.
here is a good one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcOempNj6_g
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Pick up a copy of "Blues you can use" by John Ganapes. Probably the ultimate teach yourself blues book going. You'll be bashing out pretty nifty blues tunes with slides and bends in no time.

Thrench
Ibanez AS73
Squier Blonde Standard Telecaster
Home built Telecaster Deluxe
Vox AC4TV amp
Vox V845 Wah Wah
Marshall reverb
Korg Pandora PX4 multi effects
Digitech Death Metal distortion pedal

God is busy, save yourselves!!!
Learn the A minor pentatonic scale and play with it over a YouTube backing track
Like someone above me said, Sunshine of Your Love by Cream is a great song to learn for a beginner. The riff is easy and the chords are essential practise. I'd also suggest:

Muddy Waters - Hoochie Coochie Man
Leadbelly - When Did You Sleep Last Night?
SRV - Life by the Drop

GIve those a crack mate.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo