Hi, I play an epiphone les paul custom siverburst, and I mainly play classic rock. I'm looking for a new set of pickups as I think I just want an upgrade. I play through a 50watt solid state randall amp, and want nice cleans, but also a thin lizzy/slash kind of overdriven tone...

So, I was wondering what pickups would be a good idea. I've looked around, and would a seymour duncan SH-2 and a seymour duncan APH-1 work?

Thanks
Maybe a good set of PAF copie would be good choice. Check out the RockMOnkey Smooth Heritage (Neck Pickup) and the Vintage Original or Blackback. What's your budget?
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Seymour Duncan APH-2s are really good.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
What is the specific model of Randall amp you have? Without a good amp, pickups will not usually be a step in the right direction in terms of tone, unless the stock ones you have are horrendous.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
I had Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro 2 Pickups in my Epiphone and while it didn't make a vast improvement to the bridge pickup it worked wonders for the neck pickup. The Stock Epiphone ones were pretty awful...
Thanks for the responses. My budget would be around £150, and my randall is an RX50D, which I'm unlikely to be replacing any time soon...
I just put a versatile set of pups in my Epi: Seymour Duncan P-Rails. I had a set put in my Gibson LP and liked them so much I put a set into my Epi. Very versatile and I also wired them w/ a push/pull pot so I can put them in series/parallel mode along w/ 2 mini toggles to engage the three modes in many different combinations.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Well, don't expect your pickups to make you sound like Slash....The majority of his tone comes from his amp.

+1
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
A Duncan P-Rails in the neck and a JB or a Dimarizo D-Activator in the bridge
Guitars:
Fame Forum 3
Aria STG-004
Ashton Acoustic

Amps:
Bugera V22
Drive CD-10

Effects:
Boss ME-50

Quote by Kanthras
2/10

No fire extinguisher reference, unoriginal, no Militia flamebait, disappointing.

Bugera Users Militia
Last.fm