today i bought a Gibson Faded Flying V (worn cherry)
i wont have it for another 2 months though because of layby

anyone got one? i played it through a Fender hot rod deluxe and my oh my did it sound sweet. It was also on sale for 800 bucks less than they had it priced originally so i couldnt pass up a deal that sweet.

also to anyone who doesnt own one of these i'd like to hear your opinion on the general v shape. Some people i have asked rekon it screams heavy metal, but i think it looks more suited to classic rock, opinions? (btw where talking about the gibson v here not any jacksons or esps)

im not a huuuggeee fan of v's but the worn cherry finish (not oil), price ($1000 aus for a gibson is fantastic at any level) and sound really influenced my decision.
V's are badass! although i prefer not playing then cus im lazy and sit as i play hahaha, with a V, it doesnt feel right on the leg and arm.
I play my dad's gibson flying v sometimes, and its great. Classic guitar
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
I find Vs unnecessarily difficult to play but they're pretty legendary
i love v's, i cannot play anything as well as i can a V...but i think thats coz i was used to playing small classicals in like year 7 between my legs:P, i do have an lp and it is sooo uncomfy to play....they rock :P
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Fender Greta + 1x12 Homemade cabinet - For sale PM for details.
Gibson Les Paul Studio 2013 - Goldtop
Washburn Idol WMISTD
Ibanez RG LTD450CB1
Tanglewood TSE505
Zoom G2.1Nu
Dunlop CryBaby Wah
Quote by mikeb2817
i was used to playing small classicals in like year 7 between my legs:P

Haven't heard anyone calling it that way before.
I love the necks on V's, and the shape.

Once I saw a hot-pink Gibson Flying V. It screamed "80's metal".
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
For what it's worth, I've always liked the feel and playability of the Gibson V. I'd take the Faded over a Standard V just because they're both so similar minus cosmetics that I couldn't justify spending the extra cash for the standard V. Plus, I like that satin finish feel. I played a Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded in a local mom and pop shop and I was sold on that finish.

I think the Faded V is one of the best guitars for the money that Gibson offers. Comfy neck, sounds great and it's affordable. What more could you want out of a guitar? Of course opinions are just that, and that was just mine.

Hope you like the guitar!
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Vlasco
I never felt that the Gibson V screamed metal.

The hot pink finish "screamed 80's metal."

C'mon, you gotta say that you can picture an 80's hair metal band playing on one of these:

Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
Quote by TMF128

C'mon, you gotta say that you can picture an 80's hair metal band playing on one of these:

Don't forget James Hetfield and countless NWOBHM bands (Accept anyone?)

Even Mustaine's old V design was based on the bigger Gibson style Vs as well as the Dean Vs (minus the Razorback Vs).
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by TMF128

That is far from the average Gibson V.
I tried out that epiphone korina V yesterday... It screamed Metallica. I just couldn't help but play a bunch of older Metallica riffs on it. It was awesome.
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
I like V's that are not rounded (Jackson, ESP). The other V's are kind of ugly to me.

Though I just do not find Flying V's very comfy to play. That is why I usually prefer off-set V's/
Extremely comfortable when playing while sitting and standing, good access to higher frets, every V except a Gibson-style V is looking great.
Proudly endorsed by Kamecki Guitars and WBgear!

My guitars:
-B.C Rich NJ Jr.V Deluxe (6 string guitar)
-Kamecki Custom V guitar
Quote by Aggro
Extremely comfortable when playing while sitting and standing, good access to higher frets, every V except a Gibson-style V is looking great.

I love the Gibson style V's...

The Jackson V's are pretty nice though.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
They're cool. Nothing wrong with them.

I like offset V's (Randy Rhoads style), Schecter V's and then Gibson Flying V's. I'm not a fan of ESP/LTD V's or BC Rich V's.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Don't forget James Hetfield and countless NWOBHM bands (Accept anyone?)

Even Mustaine's old V design was based on the bigger Gibson style Vs as well as the Dean Vs (minus the Razorback Vs).

accept is a german band...
Classical style V's (Gibson style for lack of a better term) are comfortable and enjoyable to play. Newer styled V's are not that comforable in my opinion, just don't feel right to me.
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
umm guyz, first of all, did u get the report thingy paper that its real? 1000 bucks aint bad

2nd, no, the gibson one never screamed metal, I think Mustaine used one (at least I saw him play one at Rude Awakening) I think, and its was pretty metal, but also thought its the guitar for classic rock.

3rd, I once tried to play a V (RR style) sitting down, and it was HARD. Are normal Vs just as hard or harder to play sitting down? and has anyone else first felt like I do, and then afterwoods thought its kinda ok not bad...

also, are Vs just the same to play standing up (RR and regular V) than any other shape guitar?
Quote by fc89konkari
umm guyz, first of all, did u get the report thingy paper that its real? 1000 bucks aint bad

Do you mean certificate of authenticity?

2nd, no, the gibson one never screamed metal, I think Mustaine used one (at least I saw him play one at Rude Awakening) I think, and its was pretty metal, but also thought its the guitar for classic rock.

No, it wasn't a Gibson. It was Dave Mustaine's signature Jackson

3rd, I once tried to play a V (RR style) sitting down, and it was HARD. Are normal Vs just as hard or harder to play sitting down? and has anyone else first felt like I do, and then afterwoods thought its kinda ok not bad...

You probably should put your leg in between the wings of the V. That would make it a lot easier to play.

also, are Vs just the same to play standing up (RR and regular V) than any other shape guitar?

For the most part, yeah
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
I did mean the certificate, just couldnt remember the word in english, Im finnish btw. Finland rocks!

Didnt know about muistaines guitar, it just looked too gibsonish with the rounded ends.

I tried putting my leg between the 'wings' of the V but still, just damn hard, the neck was pointing very high and it was going away from my body aswell making it hard to play, also I had to squeez my legs together to keep it from falling down.
Quote by fc89konkari
I did mean the certificate, just couldnt remember the word in english, Im finnish btw. Finland rocks!

Didnt know about muistaines guitar, it just looked too gibsonish with the rounded ends.

I tried putting my leg between the 'wings' of the V but still, just damn hard, the neck was pointing very high and it was going away from my body aswell making it hard to play, also I had to squeez my legs together to keep it from falling down.

That's the classical guitar position, and not a whole lot different to how it rests when you're standing. If you play like that, it encourages you to hold the neck and fret properly.
I have a Gibson Faded V too. Id say it easily beats both Les Paul Customs in terms of comfort and feel. The tone isnt bad, I find the pickups sound alot better when the guitar is tuned down to D standard or drop C. Personally, I think V shapes in general are the most confortable after you get used to em. Its soo much easier to manuver with a V becuase you can also use your legs to move it. THey look badass too!
I got a shred v last Christmas (posted about it in the gibson owner's thread)

It just SCREAMS metal.
I really like Dean VMNT's and Jackson King V's. Dave Mustaine kicks fanny.
Quote by Psalm 150:4
Someone told me Bach sounded like crap.

Quote by Minkaro
What a dick, right? Skid Row are awesome