My guitar - which is a standard Strat copy - yesterday decided it didn't want me plugging it into the amp any more.

Basically, what's happened is the input jack has come away from the input jack plate, and it's just sitting loose in the little cavity. There's nothing to keep it in line with the hole in the plate so I can't plug in.

Any advice?

I'll try and get some pictures up soon.

get a replacement nut for the 3/8" bushing? (might be metric if its a copy)
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Just take it to your local shop and get it fixed or replaced for dirt cheap. I got mine done for free in fact.
I pride myself on my humility.
Undo the two screws to remove the plate, then you can feed the 1/4" jack back into the hole. If you've lost the nut, buy a spare jack for couple of dollars and use the nut from it to replace the missing one.
Moving on.....