Recently, I've noticed when I'm playing power chords with just 2 notes, I'm playing them with my first and fourth finger. Is this a bad thing?

I'm trying to break the habit and it is a bit hard. I think the whole thing developed when I started having my guitar hanging lower. Recently, to help break this habit I've been raising my guitar to a much more comfortable height. I play to a song that uses power chords and when I find I'm using my pinky finger instead of my 3rd finger I quickly switch.

Are there any other ways to help break this habit, and is it worth breaking anyway?

Thank you.
I use my pinky nothing really wrong with it. I see local bands using their first and third finger and it looks odd and uncomfortable.
I Like Deathcore, Deal With It!
I do the same thing often since it's more comfortable, especially when standing.
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
Quote by Grave Robber
I use my pinky nothing really wrong with it. I see local bands using their first and third finger and it looks odd and uncomfortable.

Yeah same, it feels more comfortable doing it with the pinky. Plus, when using your pinky, you can lay all your fingers flat across all strings and mute the others.
Yamaha Pacifica 112j
Marshall JCM 100DSL
Custom 2x12 G12H Extension Cab

Nevermind.........