Page 1 of 2
Female friend of mine told me this was lame. Might be because we're 17. Anyway, I'm going to be in a bar with a fair few other female friends of mine.

Is it just a way to introduce yourself to a stranger? Is it really lame?

It works in the movies.
"I have assessed your body and come to the conclusion that you are attractive. Based on that, I would like to attempt to have sex with you via drinks and smalltalk."

Works every time.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Yes, it's lame. Try talking to them or show them interest, say hi, etc, then walk away after a tiny bit of innocent flirting. Trust me, girls go more for a guy who's not obviously hounding her and hanging off her every word. Show interest, but don't be a desperate douche.

EDIT: ^ Why did I think that was from The Big Bang Theory?
Last edited by 'Leviathan' at May 29, 2010,
Sometimes works, sometimes a girl will think it's just a random act of kindness and be like "THANKS!" and then walk off.

Actually before I was legal to drink me and a friend used to hang around bars getting drunk that way
It's a step up from breathing heavily in her ear and slipping a couple of roofies in her drink.

Which works 60% of the time, all the time.
If you don't do it in a creepy way then it's ok, but make sure you've got something to say as a follow-up or you're going to be standing there like a total moron.

Or, as mentioned above, you could strike up a conversation first.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Sometimes it's a good way to start a conversation because they will talk to you while they have the drink. Sometimes they will get the drink and walk off. Sometimes they will just walk off. Depends on the girl, like most chat up lines. Some girls might like the chat up line "Get yer rat out", it's subjective.
Quote by MightyAl
It's a step up from breathing heavily in her ear and slipping a couple of roofies in her drink.

Which works 60% of the time, all the time.

You like Anchorman?.... me too
Quote by gabcd86
Female friend of mine told me this was lame. Might be because we're 17. Anyway, I'm going to be in a bar with a fair few other female friends of mine.

Is it just a way to introduce yourself to a stranger? Is it really lame?

It works in the movies.

Unfortunately boys, the truth is: it depends if you are attractive or not...

EDIT: F**k, pardon the double post please.
Quote by Guitar Sushi
You like Anchorman?.... me too

Can I buy you a drink, sailor?
A girl once did that to me, but I was already 12 whiskeys in, so I just slurred at her "Thanks for the drink, but I'm going to go sit in the corner now".
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Quote by bodyheatseeker
A girl once did that to me, but I was already 12 whiskeys in, so I just slurred at her "Thanks for the drink, but I'm going to go sit in the corner now".

The exact same thing happened to me...Only that I cut it short by shouting "NO!! I'M HAMMERED!" and five minutes later went and got another drink.

Yep, I'm smooth as salmon.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by whalepudding
"I have assessed your body and come to the conclusion that you are attractive. Based on that, I would like to attempt to have sex with you via drinks and smalltalk."

Works every time.

Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
I wouldn't advise it, but it might work depending on the place and the girl.

To women it's alot like buying her attention or time and you don't exactly separate yourself from the other guys doing that to her all night. Some girls aren't interested at all or have boyfriends and just want free drinks. That's mostly in clubs anyway. Bars have a different scene and you might be able to buy a girl a drink without the club-like approach.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
^ Maybe I'm a girl who get bought drinks alot? It's true, I'm very attractive and have big boobs. Come to my profile for proof
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Sometimes works, sometimes a girl will think it's just a random act of kindness and be like "THANKS!" and then walk off.

Those girls are called blondes.
Quote by Kensai
^ Maybe I'm a girl who get bought drinks alot? It's true, I'm very attractive and have big boobs. Come to my profile for proof

Everyone knows you already, that's never going to work.

Especially when there's real women with big breasts on the site posting near-nude photos on their profiles.

I'm one.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at May 29, 2010,
Quote by Kensai

Stop it. Old man...
It pretty much boils down to being good looking and/or witty. I don't try to pick up girls in public areas for fear of AIDS and boring conversation (I know, I know, condoms and chloroform...I just never get around to it) but it doesn't seem that hard.

Generally if you see a girl at a club, she is ready to ride someone's

and with some cleverness, it might as well be your

I dunno.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
I find just flopping your penis out, and yelling to everyone "TOUCH MY WILLYY!" is far more effective then buying drinks.

I dunno, maybe its just individual.
Member Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.

I Play the Bagpipes.

they actually are a pleasant instrument.
Sometimes works, sometimes they just walk away, depends on the individual really.

Anyway, we all know the best chat up line is, 'Can you please hold my drink while I go for a shit.'

Try it
Go round and make small talk with everyone, just be polite and leave them thinking you are a nice guy. Then when it's closing time one girl is bound to feel lonely and come back up to you... then you know the rest

you have sex
Quote by Tarsplitter
Those girls are called blondes.

Not really, it's making a point about how it's a silly thing to do, and it's getting a free drink.

As a real blonde (unlike Kensai, come to my profile for proof) I resent that.
Cheaper to go up and ask them to buy you a drink, usually saves you a few bucks and ends up the same way (not getting laid).
Quote by whalepudding

Works every time.

no lies there, gets me more tail than a baby ever has... wait a minute...

chances are since you're 17 anyone you meet you will not have sex with because they are too old, age of consent my friend, a cougars krypotnite
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by ChucklesMginty
I... I can't believe I actually came on your profile.

Fixed for truth.

Worst that can happen is she says no.

Well actually the worst that can happen is her psychotic boyfriend hears you and drags you out to his car and kills you, puts your body in the trunk and takes you home and sodomizes your corpse for two weeks before disposing of it in a swamp. Ya that's about the worst that can happen.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
Fixed for truth.

Worst that can happen is she says no.

Well actually the worst that can happen is her psychotic boyfriend hears you and drags you out to his car and kills you, puts your body in the trunk and takes you home and sodomizes your corpse for two weeks before disposing of it in a swamp. Ya that's about the worst that can happen.

Yeah, that's happened to me a few times.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Not really, it's making a point about how it's a silly thing to do, and it's getting a free drink.

As a real blonde (unlike Kensai, come to my profile for proof) I resent that.

yeah but all blondes are dumb idiots
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by whalepudding

Works every time.

through a portable vocoder! Epic win.
Quote by Kensai

If "Young Swedish man with a liking of photography" was another fake identity and in fact you are a girl who gets drink bought for her alot, Kensai, I would bow to you.

OP: I honestly have no idea. I'm not old enough to go clubbing. However, it has always come off as quite a cheesy way to start talking to a girl in a club - I'd try to make it seem more natural and less "Oh Hey, I see you've got great knwacks. Can I off you a beverage which will make you more likely to let me put myself in your vagina?".

Edit:
Quote by magnus_maximus
Ask them something about their appearance. Breaks the ice and gives you the opportunity to slip in a fly wee compliment. Works every time.

When I read that I imagined myself by the bar of the club with a rather fine ho' and saying "I bet your piss smells great! "
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Last edited by PussyPunk182 at May 29, 2010,
I feel like this thread should be changed to Best(or Worst) Pickup Lines
Quote by TheQuailman
There's plenty of lesbians that aren't obese. I have videos to prove it.
In fairness, the extent of my chat-up routine just extends to my usual self, and occasionally throwing in "So, who wants shots?" when I start to get bored, but then I never really needed anything more grandiose (aah, student days...)
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
I would cringe at myself using that chat up line, in fact I cringe at myself most of the time when I use chat up lines. Unless I am heavily intoxicated of course, then the cringe gland is shut of

If I am at a night club I just hope that a friend of mine will introduce me to a girl, and I don't have to try and get her attention with my cheese
Save all the stupid chit-chat guys.
Just go " I don't exactly know what I am required to say in order for you to have intercourse with me. But could we assume that I said all that. I mean essentially we are talking about fluid exchange right? So could we go just straight to the sex. "
I have no idea how to get familiar with someone of the opposite gender I have no connection with, and I definitely don't go to clubs. It's just never been something that has happened. I meet people via other people at bars, pubs and friend's houses
Quote by -Mantra-
Save all the stupid chit-chat guys.
Just go " I don't exactly know what I am required to say in order for you to have intercourse with me. But could we assume that I said all that. I mean essentially we are talking about fluid exchange right? So could we go just straight to the sex. "

I know someone who pulled by using the line 'you'll do'.
Page 1 of 2