Quote by HeavyMetalDude1
I have a JCM 800, and I bought a Peavey 6505+ 212 Combo. Can I play through the combo with the head? I don't want to blow he sh*t out of the circuit

If the combo has line to the speaker in (like the laney series) you can just take out the cable that connects the combo to it's speakers.

You have to make sure the impedance of your jcm800 matches the one on the combo's speakers.

Don't need to turn on the combo even. Leave it off and use it as a cab.

Be sure to make sure the speaker wattage can handle it too.
Quote by beckyjc
If you can unlpug the speakers then you can play through the speakers, but not the combo itself.

+1

If the speaker in the combo is plugged into a speaker output and can be unplugged then you can simply unplug the speaker from the combo and plug it into the head (so long as you match the impedence and the speaker(s) can handle the wattage).

Some combos have the speakers hardwired to the amp. You can still use them but this will require you to install 1/4" jacks on the speaker cable and possibly the combo if it requires so.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
If you want the particular sound from one amp, you can always connect from the "Line Out" of one amp into the input of the other. (It's safe, that's what line outs are for.)
Quote by beckyjc
If you can unlpug the speakers then you can play through the speakers, but not the combo itself.

Okay, so what would the empedence level be at? It's only got one speaker conected because I took the other one out and put it into a little marshall 15 watt..
Itll probably say on the speaker...

If you took one of the speakers out the combos probably been running at inproper impedance.

Its either gonna be at 16/8 ohm.