ive been stalking craigslist and found a Peavey Valveking 112 for trade for a xbox 360, i dont have an amp right now and was wondering if the valveking is a decent/versatile amp

i play blues, punk, and hard rock mostly (SRV, BFMV, paramore, ACDC, GnR, some early black sabbath, ect.)

would it be worth it to get it, or should i keep looking?
The VK will do those genres. It's a very unexciting amp, but if you don't need your 360 anymore, why not? The xbox will lose it's value over time, the VK's value will stay pretty much the same.
Dude, for an Xbox? I would do that in a second

The Valveking is a good amp for the money and with a speaker swap it's much better. It's cheaper to speaker swap a 112 anyways.

You don't have an amp, you have an Xbox. This is a great deal, try the amp out and see if it's suitable for you.

^ he said it much better
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Jesus, I don't touch my xbox more then once a month if even. I got it for a trade for my BROKEN iPod touch 1st gen 16 gig. Talk about good deal.

I'd trade this thing in a heartbeat for a amp or guitar.
Definately do it, but make sure you swap the speaker. Pop by the VK thread to read about the mods you can do to it!
Ibanez RG370DX
Schecter C-1 Classic
Valveking 112 w/ Celestion V30
Bad Monkey
Tanglewood TW28 Acoustic
Sure, but keep in mind you need to get an EQ pedal or a rack EQ as well. It's what really makes the difference with the VK's tone, IMO, no matter what genre you play. The distortion has some really wacky frequencies that an EQ pedal can sort out and make it sound just a whole lot better.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Sure, but keep in mind you need to get an EQ pedal or a rack EQ as well. It's what really makes the difference with the VK's tone, IMO, no matter what genre you play. The distortion has some really wacky frequencies that an EQ pedal can sort out and make it sound just a whole lot better.

This.

Since you don't play any metal, however, the amp will do what you want without these. It will sound much better with an EQ and OD pedals though.

tr;dl: Do it, buy an EQ later
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan