So I got myself a UX2 and finally got some good death metal tones dialed in, but when I record, and I have tried with both Reaper and Audacity, it does not sound as good. When playing with a bit of delay, it sounds great on Pod Farm, but when recorded it mushes it and becomes a mess. Any tips to fix this difference? Would Cubase help?
the recroded tone does often sound different than the POD farm tone with those; I notice the same thing with my UX1. I open my recording software, Reaper in your case, hit record, and listen to the tone then tweak with POD farm as it is recording so you know the tone will be good once it's recorded.
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Yeah you have to tweak it in the DAW - Cubase is the same. You're in Gainsville? I'm in Jacksonville Bud.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
A lot of the tweaking will come from post processing. After you finish recording and throw some EQ and comp on there, it'll sound way better.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Both - get the sound you're basically after in Reaper using Pod Farm - then you can start "mastering" after it's recorded - mastering takes experience and trial and error to effectively apply compression EQ's, etc.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!