Page 1 of 2
I was at a local show, (there were less than 60 people there) and a post-hardcore band was playing. There were these two fat guys who kept running around and pushing the girls in the front around for no reason, and during one of the band's songs, the fat blonde one, ran up to the front, checked around him (saw me) swung his hands around, and hit me in the forehead.
I got kind of angry at this, since he looked at me before swinging his hands around, tapped him on the shoulder, lightly punched him and gave him a 'wtf' face. A few seconds after this, the other fat kid (his friend) walked over to me, and harshly pushed me over. I got up, decided not to do anything about it, my boyfriend got in between myself and the crowd to protect me from anything else, and the guy pushed both of us twice, I fell over into the stage, hit my chin on the corner of it, and was bleeding from the mouth.
I held my chin for a couple seconds, told my boyfriend not to go punch him, like he wanted to, got up and called the guy an asshole, and that he shouldn't punch, and push girls over. His girlfriend came over and started screaming "YOU'RE A B*TCH" over and over again and things like 'don't you talk to my boyfriend like that.' all while a couple people were holding her, and her boyfriend back, because they were both trying to come for me.
After a little while, and they were thrown out of the venue for trying to goddamn beat a 5 foot 3, 95lb girl (ME) up, my boyfriend and I decided to leave. I asked a couple of my bigger friends to come outside with us, just in case any of the three were there, and the girl was. She came at me, yelling about me being a b*tch again, and my friends Shawn and Ryan grabbed her arms and legs and carried her away from me.

tl;dr: I got punched in the face at a show (not in the pit, or anywhere near it), and called the guy out for it. His friend pushed me very hard three times, made me and my boyfriend fall over, I was bleeding from the mouth and the guy's girlfriend tried to beat me up twice.

Am I in the wrong? I don't think the second guy, or his girlfriend should have gotten involved AT ALL, I would not have taken the first punch on the girl, probably would have punched the guy in the face if I were stronger. There was enough room behind us that was open for the guy to swing his hands around.
Also; post stories of you at shows, seeing fights, being in them, or stopping them.
Now I'm
Last edited by 727Helena at May 29, 2010,
I don't understand this random beatings malarky, really don't. Usually they hang around in larger groups though, and target people who don't look like they cause trouble. It's an easy fight, but it makes them feel like they're hard cunts.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by 727Helena
Am I in the wrong? I don't think the second guy, or his girlfriend should have gotten involved AT ALL, I would not have taken the first punch on the girl, probably would have punched the guy in the face if I were stronger. There was enough room behind us that was open for the guy to swing his hands around.
Also; post stories of you at shows, seeing fights, being in them, or stopping them.

I don't see how
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
owned by the fat kids? sux 2bu
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
The 5"3' girl is me, so I'm not going to punch people that obviously have no problem hitting girls, that'd be face-suicide.
Now I'm
Quote by 727Helena
The 5"3' girl is me, so I'm not going to punch people that obviously have no problem hitting girls, that'd be face-suicide.
So true. Better to just accept your role in life.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
eat ass, build more, kick muscle.

No srsly, you were fine to call them out. I hate it when people fight at gigs too.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Quote by 727Helena
I was at a local show, (there were less than 60 people there) and a post-hardcore .

There's your problem.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
Quote by KTFM
Really, brah?
I mean, I'm usually all for the Womenz lulz, but really? Really?
REALLY.

She "called them out" but wasn't ready to back it up. Either get someone in the mix who has the balls to deal with the jerks or just stay out of their way. All she managed to do was make things worse for herself, every step of the way. Pathetic.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
GaijinFoot; that's the best way I can describe the band, the other bands playing weren't hardcore at all, I played an acoustic set earlier that night, and a poppunk band was on before and after them. More high energy alternative, but post-hardcore sounds the best way to describe it.

and SYK; O used to have respect for you. Yes I made it worse for myself, but I hardly even punched the guy, more of a light tap with my fist, and those two were going around purposely pushing girls earlier in the night too, for no reason. There was an open pit JUST behind them, they would have backed up two feet and been within arms reach of no one. That's why I was angry. Because hardcore kids are just stupid, and don't have a care for anyone else.
Now I'm
Last edited by 727Helena at May 29, 2010,
Quote by GaijinFoot
There's your problem.

haha +1 to this
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
wtf? i'm suprised your boyfriend didn't kick the guys ass. i would have honestly and i'm not a violent person, who shoves a woman into the stage? you weren't in the wrong IMO

when i read the title i figured it was jsut one of those kids who started a fight and came on here to brag about it until i saw who TS was.
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
This is why I don't go to concerts, there's always idiotic people there that just want to be "badass"
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by 727Helena
Yes I made it worse for myself, but I hardly even punched the guy, more of a light tap with my fist
See, that's where you went wrong. You performed a meaningless gesture. You acknowledged that this guy got to you. But you weren't prepared to deal with him, head-on. Exactly what he was looking for.

Instead of what you did, you had 3 good choices, the rest are shit.

Option 1 -
Get security involved. Find a bouncer and point these guys out to him. Let the pros handle it.

Option 2 -
Shake it off and get out of their way. Let them become someone else's problem.

Option 3 -
Thermonuclear. Grab a beer bottle and break it over his skull. Use the splintered stub to gash his face.

Next time, pick one of those.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by bass-man9712
wtf? i'm suprised your boyfriend didn't kick the guys ass. i would have honestly and i'm not a violent person, who shoves a woman into the stage? you weren't in the wrong IMO

when i read the title i figured it was jsut one of those kids who started a fight and came on here to brag about it until i saw who TS was.

Dominic asked me like five times was like 'I don't CARE if I get my ass beat, If I get a good punch, it'll break his nose.' and I told him not to, wouldn't have wanted him to get hurt over something stupid. He's just as small as I am, 5"5' 110lbs, and these guys were at least six foot, 200 pounds.
Now I'm
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
See, that's where you went wrong. You performed a meaningless gesture. You acknowledged that this guy got to you. But you weren't prepared to deal with him, head-on. Exactly what he was looking for.

Instead of what you did, you had 3 good choices, the rest are shit.

Option 1 -
Get security involved. Find a bouncer and point these guys out to him. Let the pros handle it.

Option 2 -
Shake it off and get out of their way. Let them become someone else's problem.

Option 3 -
Thermonuclear. Grab a beer bottle and break it over his skull. Use the splintered stub to gash his face.

Next time, pick one of those.

Sorry for the probable double post

1: there is no security at Neptunes, I would have done that option if I could have.
2: Probably should have done that, but I would have done something about it, I went for the second guy who pushed me, but my boyfriend held me back.
3: I wouldn't have been able to find a beer bottle that quickly, and I don't think I'm strong enough to break one over someone's head anyway. but that one was at least a bit humorous.
Now I'm
fat guys sound like douchebags the rest of the crowd should have revolted and threw them in a trash bin and rolled them of a bridge.
<Enter Witty Signature Here>
Quote by 727Helena
Dominic asked me like five times was like 'I don't CARE if I get my ass beat, If I get a good punch, it'll break his nose.' and I told him not to, wouldn't have wanted him to get hurt over something stupid. He's just as small as I am, 5"5' 110lbs, and these guys were at least six foot, 200 pounds.

i'm not saying he was doing anything wrong by not kicking their asses. actually it was probably better that he kept a level head through that, if he had of gone off it might not have ended well for any of you.

i still don't understand wtf those dude were doing though, what would they gain from shoving girls at a show? if they were looking for a fight why not push the guys?
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by padgea7x
This is why I don't go to concerts, there's always idiotic people there that just want to be "badass"

if you're gonna have that attitude you might as well kill yourself. Idiots are everywhere.
If they stop you from doing something then you've failed at life.
Quote by GaijinFoot
if you're gonna have that attitude you might as well kill yourself. Idiots are everywhere.
If they stop you from doing something then you've failed at life.

Thanks for the advice man! I'm totally changing my ways! I'm gonna stop hiding behind these walls and live my life! I'm gonna buy shit loads of tickets to concerts man!

Quote by 727Helena
I got kind of angry at this, since he looked at me before swinging his hands around, tapped him on the shoulder, lightly punched him and gave him a 'wtf' face.

You should have stabbed him after you punched him instead of making a "wtf face", or punched him more... really though making a face at someone after just punching them sounds a bit silly.
St. Mirren F.C
Champions of Renfrewshire Since 2006
SPL Survivors Since 2006
Quote by 727Helena

2: Probably should have done that, but I would have done something about it, I went for the second guy who pushed me, but my boyfriend held me back.

Shaking it off and ignoring them isn't really a solution. They're obviously idiots who like being a pain in the ass. At least by lightly hitting one of them you showed that you weren't just gonna take their crap. If you had ignored them they would have probably carried on anyway. I don't know about you, but I would have been pretty pissed off at myself for just letting myself be pushed around, if I hadn't called him out or anything. At least this way you got them kicked out. So, minor victory
🙈 🙉 🙊
Yeah, a lot of trash in Tampa, especially at a post-hardcore show with only 60 people....haha, i find it funny.
Quote by 727Helena

Am I in the wrong?

IMO, what you did was justified, although it probably could have been handled better by calling security. Those guys had no right to hurt random people.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Quote by 727Helena

Don't punch, pick up the nearest chair/baseball bat/easily swingable object and use it.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
knock a sucka out
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Quote by 727Helena
3: I wouldn't have been able to find a beer bottle that quickly, and I don't think I'm strong enough to break one over someone's head anyway. but that one was at least a bit humorous.
Not funny. Serious as a heart attack.

Everything around you is a weapon if you know how to use it.
Reach in your pocket right now. You have keys, right?
Hold them in your hand so they point out between your fingers when you make a fist.
Weapon.

He has nuts, you have a knee. Learn to use it. When he doubles over in pain, that's when your fist with the keys hits his face. Hunks of meat will be dislodged. If you aren't prepared to go big, stay home. Don't argue. Don't threaten. Don't even acknowledge their existence. Shake it off and either get gone or hit them hard, fast, and repeatedly, before they even know what happened.

You can't reason with jerks. You can't shame them into doing the right thing, unless you are bigger and they fear you. You prove nothing by "calling them out". You just make yourself more of a target.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Wait a minute you're a girl and you're 5 foot 3?

Why the fuck didn't you headbutt the fucker in the crotch?

Quote by entity0009
Shaking it off and ignoring them isn't really a solution. They're obviously idiots who like being a pain in the ass. At least by lightly hitting one of them you showed that you weren't just gonna take their crap. If you had ignored them they would have probably carried on anyway. I don't know about you, but I would have been pretty pissed off at myself for just letting myself be pushed around, if I hadn't called him out or anything. At least this way you got them kicked out. So, minor victory
You call that a victory? Blood was spilled. Hers, not theirs.

Seriously, dude. Have you ever even been in a fight?
Have you NOT been someones bitch as a result of the fight?
Your definition of minor victory looks like total loss to me.
Better to walk away in the first place than subject yourself to that shit.

Quote by padgea7x
Wait a minute you're a girl and you're 5 foot 3?

Why the fuck didn't you headbutt the fucker in the crotch?
There ya go. Everything around you is a weapon, if you know how to use it.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
This is such a f*cked up story. I can't believe those douches we're trying to fight a girl at a show honestly for no apparent reason other than just to be dicks. I hate people at local shows who don't come for the music or at least to hang out but instead just want to instigate shit.
Things didn't go out great, but if it happens again, you'll respond a lot more efficiently, so just let this one slide off your back, don't let it bother you past this minute.
You'll thank yourself later.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You call that a victory? Blood was spilled. Hers, not theirs.

Seriously, dude. Have you ever even been in a fight?
Have you NOT been someones bitch as a result of the fight?
Your definition of minor victory looks like total loss to me.
Better to walk away in the first place than subject yourself to that shit.

Gandhi believed in non-violence. Are you saying everything he did was a defeat? Please.

Obviously we both have different principles. I believe that getting those dickheads removed was a success. Obviously you would have liked to see their innards painted over the walls.

Yeah, I admit, I could count the number of fights I've been in on one hand, but I stand up for myself or friends when necessary. The last time one of my friends walked away from a potential fight situation, he got a bottle thrown at his head.
🙈 🙉 🙊
first, why pick on a chick second, when c*nts get lippy, knock em out, i get pretty pumped after a mosh.
Quote by padgea7x
Thanks for the advice man! I'm totally changing my ways! I'm gonna stop hiding behind these walls and live my life! I'm gonna buy shit loads of tickets to concerts man!

I'm glad I helped! Just to think, a few hours ago you were piss scared to step outside your comfort zone. I'm impressed.
What might the future hold?! Staying up to 3am!? A holiday without parents!? The world is yours!
Page 1 of 2