Here's what's going on. A while ago I made a thread asking what bass amp I should get, and after asking on numerous sites, I think I found what I want. As said in the title, I want the Peavey Tour TNT 115 Bass Combo Amp.

Now, I just have some questions before I lock in and finalize this decision:

1. What are the height and weight specs? Despite being powerful, the few images I can retrieve of this amp do not appear to be big.

2. My guitarist runs a 400W head and cabinet with four speakers, and it is huge! Am I gonna be drowned out by his amp?

3. How is Guitar Center's pre-order policy? The only way I can get this is online, and it won't come into online stock until June 8th, so I'd have to pre-order it.

4. What's the max size venue I could play with this?

5. Is it worth it?
Last edited by GreatJallopi at May 29, 2010,
In answer of 2, 4 and 5:

You could easily keep up with 600 watts of power. I highly doubt he'd be using ALL 400 watts, that would just be insane.

You could play any venue with that amp. If you were playing anywhere that warranted more than 600w, they would have a PA to mic it up with.

By the specs, I'd say it's worth it. Plus it's Peavey, it's built like a tank.

if you really want more power down the line, or if you find you need more highs to your tone, you could get another cab and hook it up, if the amp has an input for an extension cab.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by fleajr_1412
In answer of 2, 4 and 5:

You could easily keep up with 600 watts of power. I highly doubt he'd be using ALL 400 watts, that would just be insane.

You could play any venue with that amp. If you were playing anywhere that warranted more than 600w, they would have a PA to mic it up with.

By the specs, I'd say it's worth it. Plus it's Peavey, it's built like a tank.

if you really want more power down the line, or if you find you need more highs to your tone, you could get another cab and hook it up, if the amp has an input for an extension cab.
Thanks a bunch! Those were probably the most important questions too, actually.
Did Peavey ever release that thing? I haven't seen one for sale anywhere.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
Did Peavey ever release that thing? I haven't seen one for sale anywhere.

Musician's Friend and Guitar Center get online shipments on June 8th.

Apparently very limited Guitar Centers carry it.
^^^ It's been backordered online for at least a year. I've never seen one in an actual store.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
If the current version is the same weight as the old version, you're looking at lugging around 85 lbs. (~40 kilos) worth of amp. As for it's size, it's about 2.5 feet (.75m) high by 2 feet (.6m) across. Also, what the hell kind of head does your guitarist have that kicks out 400 watts? Seems a bit excessive to me, and not likely to be a tube amp.
Fender 5 String Jazz Bass
Fender Precision Bass
Peavey TNT 115
EHX Bass Big Muff Pi
Daneletro Cool Cat OD V2 (excellent pedal)
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom Semi-Hollow
Peavey Classic 30
Vox V845 Classic Wah Pedal
Quote by P-Bass Pirate
^^^ It's been backordered online for at least a year. I've never seen one in an actual store.
What do you mean? Guitar Center's site says it's coming June 8th? Are you telling me that it's not coming June 8th and that I shouldn't preorder it for that date?

Also, if it's unreleased, then who's writing the reviews?
I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me if this amp has really been backordered for another year, or if shipments are coming on the 8th, because I received a 15% off code at Guitar Center valid only for this weekend.
The Peavey factory and headquarters have both suffered serious damage and setbacks as a result of flooding over the last year, and that may be why everything has been backordered for so long. Whatever the reason, Peavey and the online music distributors have been advertising this amplifier for a very long time, and the delivery date has been pushed back several times. I would be very surprised if Peavey makes a delivery date on it anytime soon.

Your best bet would be to call GC and ask if they have a firm commitment from Peavey.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Sweetwater, Guitar Center online and Musician's Friend all recieved the amp in limited shipments. Sweetwater was the first to recieve the amp. The rest of them, or at least the next shipment, is due around July 11th. I just got one of these, and you definitely won't go wrong buying one. It's an awesome amp. It weighs about 75 lbs
Just be aware that you'd need an extension cab, to unlock the full 600w. It's almost Behringer-esque for Peavey to go quoting power ratings as max possible peak, without making that clear. Without the extension, you'll get about 250-300w max.
Also, the footswitch isn't included. And I have other views on Peavey's long-term reliability!
This amp is very solid; I don't imagine it will be going anywhere for quite a while. Even with just a 250-300 watt maximum without a cab, this amp is loud! I have yet to turn it up above 2 or 2 1/2 and that's loud enough to shake the whole house. It probably wouldn't be necessary to have an external cab unless you were playing some pretty big gigs, in which case you would probably want an external cab anyway. And for the money, it's definitely more than worth it.
I was kind of concerned at first because it seemed like an awfully low price for a 600w amp with the features that it has. It was reasonable to worry that it wouldn't be that good, but my concerns were unfounded; the Peavey tour TNT is excellent.
I bought the Peavey TNT 115 Bass Combo from Sweetwater. My invoice date says 12/07/09. It took like 9 months from the time I first ordered it. Guess I was one of the first to preorder it from Sweetwater. It's a nice looking amp. I thought for a Peavey it wasn't constructed as heavy duty it should be. It in no way pushes 600watts just as it is. You have to have the Master volume you about 10 and the Pre gain to about 5 for it to get loud and it's not a very CLEAN sound at that. Anything louder than = more distortion to the sound. Too much I think. For sure hook up a nice bass cab to the Ext. speaker out and it helps clean up the distortion. ONLY THING IS FOR THE SHORT TIME I'VE HAD THE DAMN THING, IT TOOK A DUMP ON ME WHEN I WAS GOING TO PLAY WITH A GROUP OF GUYS IN A JAM SESSION. I plug it to the wall and turned it on, Then started to plug my bass into my bass effect box and I plugged that into my Peavey (just like I've done dozens of times in my room) and "CLICK" the power cut out!! Did everything I could to try and turn it back on and nothing. Must have blow a fuse for some dumb reason, but there is no where to access a fuse like the amps in the older days. So now I have to take it in to get serviced. No matter what anybody says, They don't make Shit like they did in the old days!!!! End of Story.

Anybody else posts a Thread saying that the TNT 115 is better than what I just said it was, is someone just TALKING OUT THE SIDE OF THEIR NECK and DON'T really own one YET like I DO! I'm giving the real deally on the amp!!! No over Glamorizing Here! I wouldn't bull sh*t fellow musicians.
Last edited by Insane Duderone at Oct 19, 2010,