I would, but unfortunately I'm on a budget, and I can only afford those 2 pedals
Save up a little more and go for the DMB, it's worth it.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
The Carbon copy is on of the best sounding delays I have heard for the price. not to many features, but damn it sounds so natural. It also has two internal trim pots to adjust the mod button on the pedal.
I'd prefer things a little more simple than the DMB offers, so I'm still down to the 2 pedals.
I've already considered it, and I've realised that it's not the kind of sound that I'd like in a pedal, so again, down to the two
For Buckethead and Angel and Airwaves I would've thought you'd want a clearer, rhythmic delay which you'd get from digital.

But out of those two I'd go for the CC, it's quite dark so make sure that's for you before you buy.
What does a 'darker delay' mean?
I'm going for a sort of delay that would be good to use in a solo, but would also do good for songs like soothsayer or big sur moon.. I already have a DD7, but I've not been very happy with it, so I'm going with analog delay now. I've narrowed it down but my decision keeps on getting harder..
I'm thinking carbon copy, but I'm not sure what a darker delay actually means.
Doesn't Buckethead only use a Digital delay? My DL8 can do some great buckethead tones, you should be looking in to digital delays for those guitar sounds.
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Quote by Gord@k
Doesn't Buckethead only use a Digital delay? My DL8 can do some great buckethead tones, you should be looking in to digital delays for those guitar sounds.

+1, I don't know too much about Buckethead, but I don't think that either the Memory Boy or CC would be any better than you're DD7 for getting his sound.

Out of interest, why have you written the Malekko 616 off? It's easily far better than the Memory Boy or CC for solo work as a short delay (and most other things...), and IMO its everything that the Carbon Copy should be.
Remember, I'm not just specifically looking for buckethead tones, I'm also looking for a wide variety.
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater. I have one and I love it so.

You won't get AVA out of the carbon copy. Easily, anyway.

Get yourself a Digital delay at least. They might not sound as warm, but they are so easy to work with and you can get all kinds of sound out of them.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Honestly the Malekko is your best bet, especially if you have a DD7.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments