ok i really didnt know where to put this thread so i will put it here for now.

ok story of my life - basicaly i was saving up for a white macbook for recording "for logic and stuff" but realised my POD UX1 doesnt have nice enough sounds on which my amp does. And i was thinking about getting a cheapish classical guitar to record acoustic with as im not fond of my step dads acoustic guitar and iv always wanted a classical guitar.

in my bank i have 300 pounds. i was looking to get a classical guitar £150 MAX and a recording mic to record eleectric from my amp and acoustic as i do not have one yet, which is around 50 pounds.

should i carry on saving? or get the classical guitar and the mic "which will make my recordings a LOT better for now.

also what mic should i get to record with and what classical guitar as im not very good on that side of stuff.

thanks sorry for the inconveniance this may cause.
Recording acoustic is very difficult to do with a dynamic mic, IMO, so you shouldn't get a Shure SM57. The problem is, every condenser mic needs phantom power, which you can't get with the UX1.

You might just have to get the Shure SM57 and bear fiddling with it to no end to record the classical guitar.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
IMO you should keep saving for the Macbook. The way is see it is, yeah you COULD get the mic, etc. now, but you're not gonna be able to use them until you get the Macbook, whereas you can still use the Macbook with the POD in the meantime just to get some half decent stuff recorded.

Just what I think though.
R.I.P. Lester William Polsfuss June 9, 1915–August 13, 2009
Quote by Moggan13
I'm dissapointed by the lack of penis.

If anyone sigs that, i'll fucking kill them.
Quote by Kensai
I'm a good person and I never meet any pretty girls who loves jesus
Quote by TheShizzNizz
thanks but the shure 57 is to expensive i dont want to spend more than 50 pounds on it

See if you can get a used SM57 from a reputable dealer. Don't bother with one from eBay as there's a billion fakes on the market.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Recording acoustic is very difficult to do with a dynamic mic, IMO, so you shouldn't get a Shure SM57. The problem is, every condenser mic needs phantom power, which you can't get with the UX1.

You might just have to get the Shure SM57 and bear fiddling with it to no end to record the classical guitar.

Not true at all, in fact I have a Samson condenser mic that doesn't.
Quote by JayLacelle
Not true at all, in fact I have a Samson condenser mic that doesn't.

False. If its not using some source of power be it phantom or USB then its not a condenser. Condensor mic uses capacitor which basically needs a voltage source to charge the capacitor to do the recording

TS: You can record classical with a dynamic such as a 57, it just wont sound as great as with a condenser
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Last edited by mexican_shred at May 29, 2010,
Quote by mexican_shred
False. If its not using some source of power be it phantom or USB then its not a condenser. Condensor mic uses capacitor which basically needs a voltage source to charge the capacitor to do the recording

TS: You can record classical with a dynamic such as a 57, it just wont sound as great as with a condenser

I didn't say that at all. Read b4 you post.
Quote by JayLacelle
I didn't say that at all. Read b4 you post.
But his post is more correctly providing useful information. Most condensor mics except for audio conferencing/speech and usb use phantom power.