Page 1 of 2
No real influences on this one really
just made it more for fun than anything else
its in drop b

should be recording it properly possibly next weekend if ive the time

so yeah!
its here --> http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/El+Boyo/

and again, thanks to Logan91 for making it sound realer! im pretty chuffed with the overall drum sound

c4c as always so gimmie summat of yours too

cush!
Quote by alexgepgepgep
like getting punched in the face with awesome

Quote by diler1089
"I am Osiris" at 2.22 i like how it goes "BA-BA-BA-BA---Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba---BA-BA--Ba-Ba-

its badass.

FAIR ONE
fair enough
Quote by alexgepgepgep

Quote by diler1089
"I am Osiris" at 2.22 i like how it goes "BA-BA-BA-BA---Ba-Ba-Ba-Ba---BA-BA--Ba-Ba-

its badass.

FAIR ONE
Sounds good. I like that bass drop and I can't wait to hear it with real guitars. I really like that part at 3:39 - the drums are sick as hell.

My stuff is in my profile.
The beginning is pretty cool, it had a weird timing feel. Pity it's not recorded though. The structure was very decent. I liked the riffing too!

Thanks for the crit by the way!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIK3ZwjA5Jc

a video of it being played (sloppyly in parts but meh)
Quote by alexgepgepgep

Quote by diler1089

its badass.

FAIR ONE
Some badass riffing; it sounds excellent! I very well enjoyed it. I hear a lot of influence from Sumerian-core bands like Born of Osiris and Veil of Maya, and there are some djent aspects within the awesome riffing. Good luck with recording it, it'll sound AMAZING!! (I'll comment on the mix too when it's recorded.)

And thanks for the comments on mine too!
"tea's on the table Dan'" LMAO!

it seemed like a sample lol, when you officially record it in good quality you should leave that part in there xD
Also I love your cat.
And I never had heard my drums in others speakers that aren't mine, so now I see they sound good
haha :p

i might leave it in there for the lulz

and yeah man my cats phat as! he's 20 as of a few days ago and he still loves the metal ;D lmao

the drums sound great i think man
ta for that!
Quote by alexgepgepgep

Quote by diler1089

its badass.

FAIR ONE
Well damn, that's tight. Sounds sort of veil of maya-esqe, I like it.
I noticed the guitar tone is a bit muddy, it'd be cool if it had a little more of the 'djunt' sound.

Overall I liked it a lot, I could mosh like crazy for a song like this :P
Write the music you want to hear.
haha cheers man

yeah the guitars are just guitar pro through some VST plugins, havent got round to recording it with real ones yet

and yeah, the djent tone's a must!
Quote by alexgepgepgep

Quote by diler1089

its badass.

FAIR ONE
if it was a real recording it was be awesome, i love the riffage its freaking brutal. the drums follow the guitar really well. its very headbangable. nice work
cant give a real crit till its actually recorded tho
Well written and good playing..
The sound on the guitar is awful, but then again, it's just sound.
The part from 1:42 is pretty nice, and the same goes for all the breakdown based riffs..
Overall it's good and it has potential! But more breakdowns and more fast rythm chugs
Textures - greatest band ever
This sounds sweet as nuggets man

Love the all the picking patterns there really groovy kinda like despised icons newest stuff

liked the change at about 2.30 aswell fits good with the song and makes it interesting

Pretty damn good in my opinion
MANCHESTER UNITED
Really well recorded (as a sound engineer/producer I like that), however I didn't like the guitar sound..

Well, I'm here to crit the song, you had me banging like crazy, really tight riffs, lots of changes to keep it interesting.. Overall great song..

(Just find a better way to record the guitars :P)

Cheers and thanks for commenting on my song
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
lol I didn't even try working on the guitars, it's just rough RSE from Guitar Pro so people thinking they might be real it's already a compliment

In all of my songs I always get comments in the range from "man I thought they were real" to "it's awful"

but that's right, I didn't even EQ this one

some examples of comments for just one of my songs for you to lol

Quote by BlakeAlan
I liked the distortion tone of the rhythm guitar, but it seemed the lead melodies were a bit digital
Quote by Puwpiepewps
For Guitar Pro, the guitars actually sounded pretty good to me
Quote by Sami Philadelph
Lol, dude you totally got me, I thought it was a real guitar!
I was like "Damn man, this guys playing is super mechanic, its completely perfect" I like that though, to be honest.

well now I think that guy must be deaf or something

and my favorite...
Quote by Dakkstar
This sounds ****ing trippy I think it's because of the fake guitars. I wonder if real guitar would have such a cool sound.
8/10, very cool sounding, has major potential as an electronic song as it is, with vocals added or could be pretty awesome with real guitar, I think at this point it's really your call. Maybe you could have a niche of using the electronic sound like that
Electronic death metal!
hahahaha gotta love the RSE :p

SPACEMETAL!!!!
Quote by alexgepgepgep

Quote by diler1089

its badass.

FAIR ONE
ahh this brings back some great moshing memories of mine.
the intro is perfect. live it would totally psych the **** outta a crowd.
drums are ace. they fit real well. make everything so much tighter.
very deathcoreish reminds me of maybe Born of Osiris mixed with some Oceano and Here Comes the Kraken or some shit.
riffs keep your interest throughout the entire song and never seem repetitive or filler.
the end of it was bawls heavy for a fake guitar recording! love it all amazing man. your talented writer.
As always your shit is on point. Intro is brutal as ****. You gotta get a way to record your guitar. The RSE always makes it a little hard to listen to, but you got some real skills in the genre. Still no band?
cheers mayyn,
should be recording it soon, i always say that but this time (Y) lol

and yeah actually i got offered into a band not long ago so im going for it
its a few members of an existing band that are breaking off with me and some new members to make a new band, havent jammed with them yet or out, cant wait though

i really wanna use this track, or at least parts from it for the band. i dont care if it sounds generic, i just know it'll move a ****in crowd ;D haha
Quote by alexgepgepgep

Quote by diler1089

its badass.

FAIR ONE
interesting rhythms.

ooh i like the riff that comes in at 1:15, 1:27 too, really nice brutal yet melodic riffs. 2:05 another good one.

almost at the end of the song, and i can say confidently that i think every melodic riff you put in there kicks real ass, not even emphasizing. however, i'm not a fan of the -core genres (to say the least...), so it is my biased opinion that the riffs in the beginning before the riff at 1:15 weren't on par with the rest of the song. there are some other metalcore/deathcore influences i hear in the rest of the song, but i guess they're alright. if you came up with a bit of material to tie the riffs i like together, it would really be my kind of song. but as it stands, it's still great, and i'm sure it's an awesome deathcore song.

the drums sounded great. needs guitaring!
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
This sounded evil as **** I love it!

The rhythm guitar is what really stood out for me. It was brutal, plain and simple. I loved the timings you used in the song, it's defintely a breath of fresh air from what I'm used to. Shame it isn't a real guitar playing although I can picture how it would sound.

Nice song man. I've been listening to nearly all of your songs. Each new one you qrite keeps getting better and better. Keep it up
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Sounds like we've got some similar influences, but we just take them in different directions .

Breakdown at 1:24 was awesome, if I were at a show I'd definitely be bobbing up and down haha. I could really feel the bass drop at 2:00 as well, sweet. The last breakdown was also epic, I love double bass fill type things in between the chugging.

Would love to hear this with real guitar. Maybe the beginning riff could be clean with delay or something? It'd be more Djenty/Periphery like, but that's just personal taste.
Overall it seems you know what you're doing and are comfortable in this genre. Now try new things and experiment
well, since I assume everything is synthetic, I won't tell you it sounds like moose balls (because it does ) but as far as the composition and arangement goes, it's really pretty damn sweet, some very interesting and bangable grooves and riffs going on there. Me likey!
yeah man

well when it comes to the recording i'll probably ditch a few riffs, add some new ones and such, and as for the effects and things i probs will go with some nice delay on the intro, maybe not clean? i want it to sound more metal than djent you see? got offered into a band recently so i wanna make things as heavy as poss without getting carried away haha

i mean, theres riffs in here that i dont like, i just have them there because i wrote them and thought, they'll do for the minute, but i ended up sticking with them cos the next day i came to write id lost inspiration (ran out of weed lmao so yeah, the shitters are still floating about in there somewhere, as with most of my shit tbf, working on new riffs at the mo for a collab with logan91, and i can tell you now, i had a lot of weed when those got wrote haha

but cheers anyway man
and everyone whos posted, this seems to be the best one ive done so far

thanking all

now,

excuse me while i light my spliff ))))))
Quote by alexgepgepgep

Quote by diler1089

its badass.

FAIR ONE
Quote by El Boyo
working on new riffs at the mo for a collab with logan91

You guys are doing another one? Nice.
Haha dude I love it!
The half time to normal time switches and the blast beats give the song a good feel.
I was about to comment on your tone, but then I realized it wasn't you.
But even for synthetic the bass drum is a little too much click for me, however, other than the fake-ness it's all good :P

C4C?
Quote by sambot12
You guys are doing another one? Nice.

yeah man, got a few riffs done on my end, think he's sorting a track of his own out first then were starting a newun

and i can remember when i first joined this site, people thought shit of me and my daft little songs

**** YOU MOM!! IM A ****ING ROCKSTAR!

ha
Quote by alexgepgepgep

Quote by diler1089

its badass.

FAIR ONE
hey man sorry for the delay, I've been watching all the world cup games so...been busy
Yesterday I wrote some new nice riffs for my song, I'm just about to finish it, just one more riff and it's all done (it has to be at least longer than 2:30 mins )
It has an electronic sample in the beginning, creepy piano, synths, choirs aahs ( ) but it's still technical deathcore, not crappy power metal
so... we'll start that new collab as soon as possible
Last edited by logan91 at Jun 20, 2010,
haha fair one man

and sweet! yeah post yours sometime soon, i wanna have a listen and such

can start the collab whenever mate, just lemme know when your ready
Quote by alexgepgepgep

Quote by diler1089

its badass.

FAIR ONE
Not much to critique on this song, man, haha. "Beneath the Ocean"? The perfect synonym for "Heavy." I suppose the oceans are pretty heavy when you're beneath it... You ought to re-record it, for sound quality reasons, but try and keep that fuzz the guitar had going on (was that from recording or was it intended?) and let the bass do the talking. Drums were perfect b-t-dubs. The intro kinda bored me though, but other than that, this song is nearly perfect. Oh, and it needs lyrics describing, idk, getting squished under the ocean cause it's so heavy or, like, mermen riding sperm whales into battle or something like that. Just something like that. If ya wanna critique some of my utter CRAP compared to this, check out this thread. Thanks, man.
Quote by El Boyo
yeah man, got a few riffs done on my end, think he's sorting a track of his own out first then were starting a newun

Sweet I can't wait to hear it. Honestly that last one got me into Veil of Maya.
Quote by JafusChrist1one
Not much to critique on this song, man, haha. "Beneath the Ocean"? The perfect synonym for "Heavy." I suppose the oceans are pretty heavy when you're beneath it... You ought to re-record it, for sound quality reasons, but try and keep that fuzz the guitar had going on (was that from recording or was it intended?) and let the bass do the talking. Drums were perfect b-t-dubs. The intro kinda bored me though, but other than that, this song is nearly perfect. Oh, and it needs lyrics describing, idk, getting squished under the ocean cause it's so heavy or, like, mermen riding sperm whales into battle or something like that. Just something like that. If ya wanna critique some of my utter CRAP compared to this, check out this thread. Thanks, man.

yeah i guess the ocean would be heavy? i mean, there ARE so many billion tons of water in the ocean?
so yeah,
pretty heavy

and the guitars werent real mate, guitar pro with some plugins (Y)
i havent got round to figuring out how to use recording programs very well yet so im stuck with it for the time being.
its aight though, just gives me an insight as to what its gonna sound like, lets me know that, when i do record it, its gonna sound so much better so im not too fussed about it really

ta for crit though man (Y)
imma have a look at yours now

and sambot12
haha sick dude!
maybe the next one will get you listening to someone new eh?
Quote by alexgepgepgep

Quote by diler1089

its badass.

FAIR ONE
I'm such a dumbass, lol. Can't even discriminate a real guitar from a synthesized one :'( I can definitely tell now they're fake haha; I guess I'm making some progress.
the guitar tone from Guitar Pro 6 just keeps impressing me more and more. i like all your instrument tones but the kick drum seems a bit too loud.

i'm not really big on deathcore in general just because i get sick of breakdowns really easily but i feel like you change up the riffs enough to keep it interesting. this would sound really cool with real guitars and a bit of a better mix. the riff that comes in at about 2:35 is awesome.

keep up the good work! check out mine if you aren't too busy having a life:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1328377
Quote by flame843
the guitar tone from Guitar Pro 6 just keeps impressing me more and more. i like all your instrument tones but the kick drum seems a bit too loud.

i'm not really big on deathcore in general just because i get sick of breakdowns really easily but i feel like you change up the riffs enough to keep it interesting. this would sound really cool with real guitars and a bit of a better mix. the riff that comes in at about 2:35 is awesome.

keep up the good work! check out mine if you aren't too busy having a life:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1328377

its not gp6 lol. the file was from gp5 in midi, then put through some VST plugin or summat. and nahh man, i like the super clicky bass drum, reminds you that its there haha. and i mean, when i get real guitars over it, they'll sorta drown it out a bit so its all good

ta for input though dude, i'll have a skeg at ures now (Y)
Quote by alexgepgepgep

Quote by diler1089

its badass.

FAIR ONE
Page 1 of 2