Poll: Should Pole Dancing be included in the Olympics?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should Pole Dancing be included in the Olympics?
Yes
69 28%
No
68 27%
Other (please post)
2 1%
*fap fap fap fap fap*....*fap*
110 44%
Voters: 249.
Page 1 of 4
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olympics/pole-dancing-seeks-olympic-inclusion-1907036.html

As some of you might know, I take weekly pole dancing lessons. It's a very demanding class requiring lots of upper body and core strength. Yes there are tiny shorts, and sometimes tiny tops, but it's not a class for strippers. The little clothign is required for grip. So what would you think about seeing pole dancing as an Olympic sport?

I personally don't see how it's that different from olympic sports such as rhythmic and artistic gymnastics. The level of strength, flexibility and fitness is certainly on par. It's more affordable than equestrian sports, sailing or snow sports. If sports like Korfball, Floorball, Chess, Lifesaving and Powerboating can be recognised by the IOC, then why not Pole?

Here's a vid of Oona Kivelä, to get you away from your ideas of a seedy gentlemans club...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOWKITKvhd4
Oh. And men can do it too. Chinese pole acrobatics, it's something thats been around for a very long time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVsvz6DuKEI

Here in the UK, Vertical Dance have started a petition to get Pole Dancing recognised by the Olympic committee and then hopefully as a sport in the 2016 Olympics. BMX riding (I don't know what you're supposed to call it) has just been added and will be a sport at the London 2012 Olympics.
Vertical Dance want pole to be showcased at the 2012 Olympics so the world will get a chance to see what kind of sport it has the potential to become and dispell the negative connotations associated with pole dancing.

Do you think Pole should be a recognised sport and included in the Olympics?
Sign the petition HERE if you think it should.

Poll coming soon.
edit: **** it, i forgot how to do polls again.
edit2: ....found it!
edit3: changed the original vid. The first was apparently too sexy. Click here for the vid of 2009 World Champion Felix Cane.

Please watch the vids before commenting, it won't take long and will hopefully show you that pole dancing is no longer about grinding on a pole for men's pleasure.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Last edited by OddOneOut at May 31, 2010,
I don't really see how it's a sport, it seems like more of a recreational activity, but then again you could say that for a lot of things in the olympics nowadays.
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
YOU WILL LOVE EACH OTHER
//////////////////////////////////////HEALTH
Quote by OddOneOut
As some of you might know, I take weekly pole dancing lessons.
Toni, I speak for the entire Pit when I say this:

We need pics to verify you story. Pics. NAO.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I couldn't care less about the Olympics, but it should be recognised by the IOC.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

This.
Quote by OddOneOut
Poll coming soon.
edit: **** it, i forgot how to do polls again.

Thread tools in the lower left corner of this page. "add a poll"

You're welcome.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by RU Experienced?
As long as it's one of those female exclusive sports like Field Hockey I support it with my entire being.

this.

i don't see it as much of a competative sport but i do agree with it being a great work out, although it's heavily grouped with strippers so i don't see it happening

EDIT: @ the video, how the hell do you stay up like that? normal people usually slide down poles
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Last edited by bass-man9712 at May 29, 2010,
I don't care about the olympics, but I signed anyway.

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

^This NAO.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by OddOneOut

I personally don't see how it's that different from olympic sports such as rhythmic and artistic gymnastics. The level of strength, flexibility and fitness is certainly on par. It's more affordable than equestrian sports, sailing or snow sports. If sports like Korfball, Floorball, Chess, Lifesaving and Powerboating can be recognised by the IOC, then why not Pole?

I do.

Pole dancing is designed to make dicks rise.

Gymnastics is designed to stop a few unlucky girls going through puberty.

They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Poland would own the event.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Clearly someone hasn't been watching the pic thread

Shame I have a crappy camera. A no-handed cross knee release.
Quote by Renka

Quote by Jackal58
Poland would own the event.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
...is this a joke? Pole dancing isn't even a sport. Why don't we include square dancing and hoedowns then too?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I don't think the Olympics is the place for dance, which is surely an art rather than a sport. It might require a lot of physical strength but I'd rather the Olympics was reserved for stuff where there's an objective winner. I know that rules out gymnastics but I don't care. **** gymnastics.
Quote by OddOneOut
Here's a vid of the 2009 World Pole Dance champion. To get you away from the idea of strippers in seedy gentleman's clubs.

If you take away that image I'm not really sure why I'd want to watch it in the olympics.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Acϵ♠
...is this a joke? Pole dancing isn't even a sport. Why don't we include square dancing and hoedowns then too?

If it can be practiced competitively I don't see why not
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by smb
I don't think the Olympics is the place for dance, which is surely an art rather than a sport. It might require a lot of physical strength but I'd rather the Olympics was reserved for stuff where there's an objective winner. I know that rules out gymnastics but I don't care. **** gymnastics.

It's bad enough they have figure skating and ice dancing in the Winter Olympics. Yeah, they require skill and strength, but they aren't sports. Not to mention if they include pole dancing, all the dancers are gonna want in on it. Let them have their world competitions, but not the Olympics.
Quote by Acϵ♠

?
If gymnastics can be included, why not pole dancing? It's like taking the asymmetric bars..and turning them 90 degrees.
Different is, you can do way more impressive moves on a vertical pole then a horizontal one. Men can do it too.

Chinese pole has been around for ages.
Quote by Renka

Quote by OddOneOut
Clearly someone hasn't been watching the pic thread
hmmm. I might have to check that out more often.
I've obviously been missing some lovely scenery.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by damian_91
If it can be practiced competitively I don't see why not

So wanking could be an olympic sport?

See who can pump the fastest?

Ejaculate the furthest?

Orgasm the fastest?
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
hmmm. I might have to check that out more often.
I've obviously been missing some lovely scenery.

oh you... took me a while to figure out where your head was in the pic actually

honestly pole dancing is closer to becoming an olympic sport than anything else i can think of
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by padgea7x

Ejaculate the furthest?

Orgasm the fastest?

It could, along with trolling.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by GRiMM94
It's bad enough they have figure skating and ice dancing in the Winter Olympics. Yeah, they require skill and strength, but they aren't sports. Not to mention if they include pole dancing, all the dancers are gonna want in on it. Let them have their world competitions, but not the Olympics.

DanceSport (ballroom and latin) is a recognised Olympic sport.
But the thing is, most dancers don't actually want to be in the Olympics. Nobody is starting a petition to get Ballet in the Olympics
Quote by Renka

Quote by OddOneOut
?
If gymnastics can be included, why not pole dancing? It's like taking the asymmetric bars..and turning them 90 degrees.
Different is, you can do way more impressive moves on a vertical pole then a horizontal one. Men can do it too.

because 90% of the world's pole dancers are slutty hookers trying to make slutty hooker money? The IOC would never let pole dancing into the Olympics. Bad image, bad pr, yadda yadda. Gymnastics has been an Olympic staple since what, ancient Greece? And following your logic we can make anything that requires the slightest modicum of physical ability into a sport.

Let's get competitive knitting into the olympics! It's a lot tougher on the hands and fingers than you think, and people have been doing it for ages. Men can even do it too!
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by padgea7x

Ejaculate the furthest?

Orgasm the fastest?

Obvious troll is obvious.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Only once proper sports like Rugby League and MMA (as well as the indivudual disciplines that are already in) included, then maybe, then after Pole Darts & Golf should be.
Quote by Cadj
Okay, big-T is a legend first and foremost

Quote by necrosis1193
You are awesome, Big T.

Quote by Trowzaa
Would like to publicly state that Big-T is my new God and Hero
Quote by OddOneOut
?

The guy routine was pretty cool, but I think the woman's routine was still a bit sexual.

Pole dancing in most people's mind is something that belongs in strip clubs, and that's probably won't change.

Also, if you did actually get this recognized by the Olympics, then you would have some of the slutty girls who do dance at the strip clubs coming to the Olympics. Let's be honest, no one wants to see that.

Not to mention on top of that the slutty girls could now say "oh, well pole dancing is considered an Olympic sport" as she flaunts here even bigger ego.
Last edited by Guitarfreak777 at May 29, 2010,
Quote by Acϵ♠
because 90% of the world's pole dancers are slutty hookers trying to make slutty hooker money? The IOC would never let pole dancing into the Olympics. Bad image, bad pr, yadda yadda. Gymnastics has been an Olympic staple since what, ancient Greece? And following your logic we can make anything that requires the slightest modicum of physical ability into a sport.

Let's get competitive knitting into the olympics! It's a lot tougher on the hands and fingers than you think, and people have been doing it for ages. Men can even do it too!

I think you're being a bit unfair. You come across as if you've only ever seen women on poles in a strip clubs and you think that's where they belong.
Pole dancing is comparable to gymnastics because of the strength required. So what if it hasn't been an Olympic sport since ancient Greece?
BMXs weren't around then, but they've added BMX riding as a sport in the 2012 Olympics.
Quote by Renka

I don't really feel like watching it unless I'm at a strip club. I can't get titties rubbed in my face while watching some people on tv.

Well, I guess I could get a girl to rub her tits in my face while I'm watching it, but that isn't the same.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
The guy routine was pretty cool, but I think the woman's routine was still a bit sexual.

Pole dancing in most people's mind is something that belongs in strip clubs, and that's probably won't change.

Also, if you did actually get this recognized by the Olympics, then you would have some of the slutty girls who do dance at the strip clubs coming to the Olympics. Let's be honest, no one wants to see that.

Not to mention on top of that the slutty girls could now say "oh, well pole dancing is considered an Olympic sport" as she flaunts here even bigger ego.

Well then, change the name to something like "Vertical bar gymnastics." Dress the athletes properly and no-one will even notice >_>
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by entity0009
Well then, change the name to something like "Vertical bar gymnastics." Dress the athletes properly and no-one will even notice >_>

Or watch...

Quote by Guitarfreak777
Let's be honest, no one wants to see that.
Speak for yourself.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by Guitarfreak777

What's wrong with something being sexual? Do you object to figure skating for that reason? I don't understand why you're painting the Olympics to be some bastion of pure, uncorrupted athleticism, if all of these apparently vile slutty girls are good dancers, let them flock in.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by entity0009

The shorts and crop tops are pretty much a requirement. You can't grip the pole otherwise as you need the skin-pole contact.
The shoes you can definitely do without. In some ways they're cheating as they give you extra grip and the weight adds more momentum to spins. But they also weigh your legs down which mean you have to have more strength to pull moves off.

Oona Kivelä is one pole dancer who refuses to wear shoes, I think i might replace the link in the OP with her performance as it's less sexual but still as impressive as the Felix Cane video.
Quote by Renka

Quote by OddOneOut

Oona Kivelä is one pole dancer who refuses to wear shoes, I think i might replace the link in the OP with her performance as it's less sexual but still as impressive as the Felix Cane video.

Oh no, because she's still a woman, wrapping her legs around a straight object before a crowd, she's a shameless Jezebel, luring in innocent men to her trap of sexual corruption.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Page 1 of 4