Just got a 15% off any $299+ single item at GC for today through Monday I believe

I'm gonna head down and take a looksee, might have to pickup a MIM strat.

On that note, any specifics I should look for?

I'd prefer a fairly "thin" neck (unlike the Schecter I took back) with a satin finish if such a thing exists in the Fender world.

Honestly, I have no clue what to look for in a strat. I don't really know much about Strats at all. I'm looking to stay around $550 or so.

I'm kind of feelin' these 2- http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Standard-Stratocaster-HSS-Electric-Guitar-423540-i1515155.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Standard-Stratocaster-HSS-Electric-Guitar-423060-i1480298.gc

I'm really liking the price one #2, especially with the extra 15%.
My Gear-
2010 Ibanez S570DXQM 24-fretter
MIM Fender Standard Strat HSS Sierra Sunburst

Line 6 Spider IV 15w
Last edited by illadelph41 at May 29, 2010,
Chances are at the bottom there is a list of brands you cannot get 15% of...usually in very tiny print/contains anything you might want.

If not, gl
I'd go for one of them. I have Dean strat with the humbucker in the bridge and it's ace. Plus you could always et the humbucker coil tapped if you want the more classic fender sound.
Quote by AlexRB
Chances are at the bottom there is a list of brands you cannot get 15% of...usually in very tiny print/contains anything you might want.

If not, gl
Darn you!

Oh well, I'm still going, they're having a huge sale other than the coupon. Plus, I'm really diggin' that Standard in the natural finish for $450.
My Gear-

Line 6 Spider IV 15w
Quote by consecutive e
Like as in that ad that was on the front page for almost a week?
Nope, that's just the MemDay sale, this is a 15% off coupon sent to your e-mail if you've given one to them.
My Gear-

Line 6 Spider IV 15w
The coupon, at least for gibson stuff, is good for everything but custom lines.
2010 Epiphone Dot
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
2009 Taylor 110 acoustic
Fenders, I can garantee you, are not marked off, just like any other brand you could imagine wanting at a cheaper price.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
You guys suck....

Just kiddin'

I'm gonna head down there now to check out a few strats.

Should I only be looking at MIMs with my budget?
My Gear-

Line 6 Spider IV 15w
Managed to get the salesman to knock the price on this MIM standard down to $409 from $500.

Sooooo excited
My Gear-

Line 6 Spider IV 15w