I thought this would be simple, but there are so many options. How do I know which cable is right for me?
what's your budget (including currency, so we know which country you're in)?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
America. I don't really want to spend More than $30 unless there is a major difference. Planned on getting a Monster cable. Is length the only thing that differs in price?
i'm not too well up on what's available in america, you'd better wait until someone from the US chips in...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by OGHotWing
America. I don't really want to spend More than $30 unless there is a major difference. Planned on getting a Monster cable. Is length the only thing that differs in price?

no, length is not the only thing that differs. another big thing is gauge. another is quality. another is the name on the package.

basicly the larger the gauge, the bigger the wire, and the more current it can handle. however, with larger gauges you also have more skin effect at higher frequencies. i think most speaker cables for guitar are either 14 or 16 gauge. either should be fine, but go with 14 gauge (lower number is larger gauge) if youve got a high powered amp.

you shouldnt need more than 3 feet going between your cab and head. i use livewire cables for most of my stuff, since they arent expensive and i dont think they sound any better or worse than something like monster. 3' 16 gauge cable from LW is 10 bucks, 3' 14 gauge cable is 15 bucks.