Nu guys, just wondering what you peeps reckon about Bass Guitar books - you know the ones, all technique based lessons and what not. Think its worth purchasing or just learning hard songs etc?
My purpose in life is to prove to everyone that self consiousness is a human trait that should be purged from our cognitive minds.
You need the technique behind you to play them properly so I would definitely invest in a few.

Technique isn't all about speed, and you need to have good technique because you might end up with something like carpal tunnel and you really don't want that.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Last edited by druggietoad2k5 at May 29, 2010,
I am a bass music book ***** so asking me is probably like asking Imelda Marcos if you should buy a pair of shoes, but there are some excellent ones out there that are worth investing in. Many have fantastic practice routines and go into to depth on certain techniques that they become quite valuable in helping you woodshed and develop a good foundation in playing bass.
Cheers guys for the heads up - any ones in particular you recommend?
My purpose in life is to prove to everyone that self consiousness is a human trait that should be purged from our cognitive minds.