AHHHHH help

iv bought one of these came with a manual and its all going a bit over my head.

what i want to be able to do is create some effect presets that will also switch the channels on my amp aswell

so for example have an effected clean tone, dry rythem tone, then an effected lead tone by using 3 presets on the gmajor i realise i will need a midi controller footswitch but how will i connect all this up to my amp. the g major acts as the switching device so it should only need connecting up in the correct way, which is what i need to know

cheers guys
I don't understand what your asking, could you be clearer cause your last sentence is confusing.
well to my understanding the g major can switch channels for me as it acts as a midi interface it just needs to be connected up in a certain way.

so what i want to do is set up presets to use certain channels with certain effects. and recal them with a midi footswitch. i just dont know which would be the best way to connect this up.

so i would like help, so basicly someone saying this goes here n this goes here. you follow?

sorry for the confusing last line in my original post to i just read it lol makes no scence
Last edited by SWBS_DJ_GUITAR at May 30, 2010,
There's a section in the manual called "Relay Devices for Amp Switching", or something like that. It explains how to set up the G-system for amp channel switching.
Ibanez Musician ('78)/Epiphone G-400/Fender Lite Ash Telecaster/Michael Kelly Valor X->Polytune->EX-7->Crybaby->OD-9->BD-2->EVH Phase 90->Hayden Mofo

Send->EHX DMB->DL-8->RV600->Return

Friends are like potatoes: If you eat them, they die.
p19-20
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at May 30, 2010,
right ok tell me if i go wrong:

so i hook up the out put and input of the g major to my effects loop and then have a stereo jack going to where the footswitch of my amp goes in then i just need to set up the relays for each preset? then i can just use a midi footswitch to switch between the presets?
Why would you use a Midi footswitch, when the G major is one big footswitch? Also, if you read the book, there's a loop for the preamp that explains how to do that so you don't blow anything up lol
Ibanez Musician ('78)/Epiphone G-400/Fender Lite Ash Telecaster/Michael Kelly Valor X->Polytune->EX-7->Crybaby->OD-9->BD-2->EVH Phase 90->Hayden Mofo

also how does the relay work for up to 4 channels when there are only 2 relays lol confused about tht one but yea i think i have a good idea what im doing i hope
Quote by Bleach265
Why would you use a Midi footswitch, when the G major is one big footswitch? Also, if you read the book, there's a loop for the preamp that explains how to do that so you don't blow anything up lol

G-Major is a rack unit.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by kylendm
G-Major is a rack unit.

So it is. Well don't I feel like a prize moron. I was reading the manual for the G-system footswitch thing.

Sorry!

Quote by SWBS_DJ_GUITAR
also how does the relay work for up to 4 channels when there are only 2 relays lol confused about tht one but yea i think i have a good idea what im doing i hope

They make a cable that is a standard tip/ring 1/4" that splits into 2 separate cables, 1 ring and 1 tip. Using 2 of these, you can control 4 channels with 2 relay inputs.
/rig
hey dude hope some of this clears up some specifics.

G major has a single jack relay switch which uses a stereo jack to switch 2 relays on the amp. I've had a look at the warp x manual and it looks like the foot switch uses a stereo jack(only one plug for foot switch and you can switch channels and fx loop on/off so in all liklyness its a stereo jack setup) which is cool as so does the g major. just get yourself a stereo to stereo 1/4" patch cable and you should be sorted for the switching.

All you need do then is configure the relay switching on the gmajor so you get the correct channel & Fx loop when you change patch. Relays are configured under the "Levels All / Relays 1+2" button(leftmost button, bottom row) and the rightmost concentric dials to edit the settings.

From there its just as matter of saving the settings to a patch, hit the store button once, using the inner right dial select the patch number to store the patch in. Then you can name your patch using the outer right dial to select the letter to change and the inner right dial to change characters. When your done naming hit the store button once more to save the patch.

If you need a hand when you get the midi thing going let me know.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Quote by halikus
hey dude hope some of this clears up some specifics.

G major has a single jack relay switch which uses a stereo jack to switch 2 relays on the amp. I've had a look at the warp x manual and it looks like the foot switch uses a stereo jack(only one plug for foot switch and you can switch channels and fx loop on/off so in all liklyness its a stereo jack setup) which is cool as so does the g major. just get yourself a stereo to stereo 1/4" patch cable and you should be sorted for the switching.

All you need do then is configure the relay switching on the gmajor so you get the correct channel & Fx loop when you change patch. Relays are configured under the "Levels All / Relays 1+2" button(leftmost button, bottom row) and the rightmost concentric dials to edit the settings.

From there its just as matter of saving the settings to a patch, hit the store button once, using the inner right dial select the patch number to store the patch in. Then you can name your patch using the outer right dial to select the letter to change and the inner right dial to change characters. When your done naming hit the store button once more to save the patch.

If you need a hand when you get the midi thing going let me know.

omg someone who actualy know what i wanted lol cheers dude and thanx to all u other i shall try that lot out and ill give you a shout or pm if i can if i get stuck u seem to know what your doing lol
Feel free to PM if you need anymore help.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
hey guys i need help with a foot controller.

basicly i dont need expresion pedals i just need to be able to switch between say 5 or 6 presets which will also be switching the amp channels using the relays set up on each preset.
iv been looking at the engl foot controllers to plug straight into the g major to switch the presets but i dont know if i would need anything else to use them ( i dont think i would).

can anybody suggest other simple foot controllers that would do the job.
as i'm sure you're aware, they're a ton of midi foot controllers out there.

you could use something like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Roland-FC200-Midi-Foot-Controller-/151021136361?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item23298fa9e9

This is what i personally use in my set up, the ever popular Engl Powerball G Major and the rather sturdy Behringer FCB1010

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Behringer-FCB1010-Midi-Foot-Controller-/281089672048?pt=Midi_Controllers&hash=item4172400370

Say what you want about Behringer, but this foot controller is pretty that good, and takes a beating (being the metalhead i am )

I didn't see if you wanted expression pedals or not hence why i've given two options thus far, Of course there's expensive shit like, the Rocktron midi mate http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rocktron-MIDI-Raider-foot-controller-/171021312842?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item27d1aa234a as well as the gcx ground control http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GCX-Ground-Control-Midi-Controller-/161002598972?pt=Midi_Controllers&hash=item257c80b23c

so there's a bunch of options for you, of course you can add expression pedal to some of the bigger controllers, but that's more expense.

if there's any other questions you may have, feel free to ask man!

Mikey
necro bump. did you realize that this thread was 2010?

Mikeyprs20 start a new thread.

reported for closure due to necro.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/