I just bought a new epi les paul studio deluxe, and i wanna get new pups for it. at home i play metal and hard rock, but i play in a band that plays indie/alternative. So playing in my band i use distortion every now and then but its not loads unless im soloing. What would you prefer? Also any input on how they sound? Thanks UG
Member of the "Defenders of Emo,PM eckman88 to join "

Founder Of The Artcore/Hollow Body Users Club PM me to join

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.
Quote by DespisedIcon
What is your amp?

Im running through a hella old Texas Tornado. its a 50watt
Member of the "Defenders of Emo,PM eckman88 to join "

Founder Of The Artcore/Hollow Body Users Club PM me to join

Quote by Chuck Norris
Leading hand sanitizers claim they can kill 99.9 percent of germs. I kill 100 percent of whatever the fuck he wants.
I'd say the Burstbuckers myself since they can cover all the bases. Plus since you have an Epi Les Paul, it'd be a perfect match.

But the EMG is good mainly for metal, but is decent for other genres. Thing is since it's active, you'd have to route an area for the 9 volt battery.

So yeah, go with the Burstbuckers if you don't want to carve a hole for the battery.
"Did you ever find Bugs Bunny attractive when he put on a dress and played a girl bunny?"

"No..." [laughs, then more emphatically] "No."

"Oh, me neither, man, I was just asking."
Gibson pickups are pretty mediocre for the price. For what you pay for Gibson pickups you can get yourself some hand-wound pickups.

Imo, EMGs are pretty bland. They have a very compressed sound and lack character. Plus since the industry is so flooded with artists that use them you just can't sound original using EMGs - I can always tell when an artist uses EMGs just by listening to them.

What's your overall budget and what tone are you trying to achieve?