To make things easier, if you are NOT left-handed then get off this page.

Relax im only kidding

Rules
1 You must play guitar left-handed
2 You must have a great taste in music (like me)
3 You have to tell your lefty friends

So to start things off list your fave left handed guitarist. Mine is kurt cobain
Last edited by staggguitarhead at May 29, 2010,
Quote by staggguitarhead
Rules

So to start things off list your fave left handed guitarist. Mine is kurt cobain

This thread is going to be great...

Tony Iommi is mine
fall a little short on this. i am left handed but play right. back when i started in the late 70s lefty guitars were really hard to find.

taste in music well since other than the couple of cover attempts you have how would i know.

i don't have any lefty friends.

Hendrix is my fav lefty player and actually one of my all time favs period.
hmm, thats a hard one, i cant think off the top of my head, but kurt was good, tonys great, zacky v is pretty good if you ask me for his rhythms. Any body else have trouble finding decent lefty guitars?????? I hate going to music store, seeing the same shitty left handed guitars nobody wants cause they suck, and its like for everyone else a damn candy store, they can play anything they want from a 100dollar squire to 4000 prs. Pisses me off, I think they should make more leftys, of the same quality they do alot of other guitars.
Quote by staggguitarhead
Rules

your perception of great music will differ from others but why should that exclude them from this thread

there`s alot more talented guitarists than KC...Jimi is the top of my fave lefties.....i`m not a lefty btw
hey, I'm not a left handed guitarist, but I use my left hand for a bunch of other cool stuff. can I be in the club?
Quote by mmdude22
hmm, thats a hard one, i cant think off the top of my head, but kurt was good, tonys great, zacky v is pretty good if you ask me for his rhythms. Any body else have trouble finding decent lefty guitars?????? I hate going to music store, seeing the same shitty left handed guitars nobody wants cause they suck, and its like for everyone else a damn candy store, they can play anything they want from a 100dollar squire to 4000 prs. Pisses me off, I think they should make more leftys, of the same quality they do alot of other guitars.

imagine going to stores and finding no left handed guitars. i started by flipping guitars like jimi but after a couple of years said screw this and started from scratch playing righty. i also found it was tough for righties to show you things because to them it was backwards.
Quote by staggguitarhead

Well, that's very...what's the word...twattish? Right-handed people can't adequately discuss southpaw topics?

Stupid rule is stupid. All this is going to lead to is egos and opinions colliding on what is "great" music.

Probably either Hendrix, Albert King or Joe Perry.

Edit: And Dick Dale. I knew I was forgetting someone, but I'm ashamed that it was the King of Surf Guitar.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at May 29, 2010,
I'm a lefty

Favorite left guitarist I know is prolly Zacky Vengeance.
"I'm not retreating, I'm initiating an offensive manouvre in the opposite direction!"
I'm a lefty. And Jackson doesn't seem to like me much as a result. D= Either way, my favorite lefty guitarist is probably Kurt Cobain(I realize he's far from the most talented guitarist out there, but I've honestly yet to hear a Nirvana song I didn't like the guitar in...o_o). =D
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
why should you be forced to play a upside down guitar? Not saying i dont, have not, or will not. But there are somethings you just cant do as good with a upside down guitar. Like play as accurately or as smooth on the higher frets because the cut away gets in the way
Iommi... by far one of the best guitarists alive, and the dude from municipal wase is pretty cool, nothing special (his guitar is tho), but hes kool
Eh.