Hey, I've been telling people I'm saving up for a 6505 for absolutely ages now and being an unemployed 16 year old I'm getting absolutely nowhere fast. Anyone able to suggest something that's pretty much a cheaper version of one that's the same size, quality etc? I figured you guys would have the best answers for me. This is needed for gigging with and recording with up to as good a standard as possible just to let you know.

Thanks,
Andrew
x
the bugera 6260 is based off the 6505 and the 6262 is based off the 6505+, they're both around 500-600 new
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Get a job and buy the amp you want?

To be honest with you, if you have your heart set on a 6505 then only a 6505 will do for you.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I would love to get a job, but have you seen the financial climate of Britain? I'm just doing my GCSE's here and I know people that have come out of Universities and went to London to get work and spent 6 months there not even being able to play guitar because they took the strings off to clean it and couldn't afford to replace them! It's gonna be hard =[
Quote by A-G-guitarist
I would love to get a job, but have you seen the financial climate of Britain? I'm just doing my GCSE's here and I know people that have come out of Universities and went to London to get work and spent 6 months there not even being able to play guitar because they took the strings off to clean it and couldn't afford to replace them! It's gonna be hard =[

I live in Britain, I have two part time jobs.

I'm going to be honest and say it's not bad to be honest with the jobs situation.

E-Married to Funny_Page
I'm with Chrisiphone. In your heart you will always want the 6505. You will never be content and will eventually sell the Bugera and buy it anyways, which will just make it longer for you to wait. I saved for a long time before I got my Thunderverb. Well worth it.
-Ibanez js1200
-Epiphone Les Paul w/ Invader in bridge
-Alvarez acoustic
-Orange Thunderverb 50w w/ 1x12 cab
-Vox Satchurator
-Ibanez ts-9
-Pod x3
-Apple Logic Studio

www.purevolume.com/stoplooklisten
The 6505+ 112 is alot cheaper than the 6505 head or combo.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Chrisiphone, I really really hope I can get some sort of job somewhere soon. What do you do? How long were you handing out CVs before you got your jobs? I live in the Southend area and pretty much nowhere wants anyone under 18 part-time =/ it's either full-time or ****-off round here!

Raijouta, how much is it? And where can I get one?
I wasn't too bothered about jobs when I was your age but I had been searching for a few months or so beforehand of getting jobs. I work at an Apple store and also at a college.

Best places to try are supermarkets to be honest, especially for someone who's 16.

E-Married to Funny_Page
Thanks man, I'll definitely give it a go. I just need some sort of way to get the money together for this because I've been gigging with a 75 watt Spider III for ages and it's embarrassing and inferior when my other guitarist in my band uses a Spider Valve with pedals galore and awesome guitars. =/
Peavey Ultra.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
bugera 6262 bugera 6260 used peavey 5150 peavey 6505 1x12 peavey ultra
theres all the ones i can think of
might get hazed, but really, check out the vypyr 120 head or combo, tube of course, after peavey made it to sound the same, plus it's like half price with better cleans and some effects, a good trade off even if the 6505 tone is only at 95-98%

at least, that's my thoughts
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
got my first job at a supermarket at 16, still there now as a supervisor, im 19.

if you want a 6505, get a 6505 saveing will be worth it, tis what im doing
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Metalmaker
might get hazed, but really, check out the vypyr 120 head or combo, tube of course, after peavey made it to sound the same, plus it's like half price with better cleans and some effects, a good trade off even if the 6505 tone is only at 95-98%

+1

Have seen some awesome youtube videos of the 6505 model on the vypyr 120 head and I was nothing but surprised at how killer it sounded.
What's your price limit? If you can buy used, there's a Peavey 6505+ combo amp for about $549 on the Guitar Center website, here's a link:

http://used.guitarcenter.com/usedgear/index.cfm?page=1&sort=price&dir=asc&srch&q=peavey%206505&startZip=&distance=100
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
You can always get one on eBay for about 1/2 of what a new one would cost. Just watch when the auction is ending and bid during the last few seconds to get the best price.
Just putting it out there: The 6505 channel on the Vypyr's sound pretty damn close.
Quote by Metalmaker

WORD!!! I agree completely. I have a vypyr 120 and LOVE IT!
MY GEAR

Jackson Soloist w/ EMG-81 @ bridge and EMG PSA @ neck
Takamine EF341SC
Fender Squire bass

Peavey Vypyr 120 Head
Mesa Boogie slant 4x12

Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Metal Zone (for DI recording)
Shure SM57
Tascam US-122
Reaper
Cubase