Right i have a epiphone les paul custom (which im convinced is fake, but sounds better than real ones :S strange) but i play alot of metal but at the moment ive been messing about with what i play and playing alot cleaner music.

My dilema is either dont buy a new guitar and "pimpout" my lespaul like a graphite nut locking tuners new pickups etc. OR i can buy my friends ibanez VBT700 which ive been recommended, but i dont know if for £450 i would be able to get something about the same price but more versitile. I want something with 24frets but im getting over tht not i mostly just want thing abit faster to play, but i dont know.

Please help me form your experience like what you would do and would buy

Thank You
What amp do you have?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
The VBT700 i personally think is a brilliant guitar, especially due to its rarity. It has quite a nice clean sound, very crisp sounding due to the Dimarzio's, but depends if that is the tone you are looking for. Would you be selling the Les Paul? If not then buy the VBT, try and get the price knocked down a bit though, ive seen them go on fleabay for as little as £250 and they were £500 new. Then upgrade you Les Paul a bit later on so it compliments the VBT's sound.
Quote by barnesybaby
The VBT700 i personally think is a brilliant guitar, especially due to its rarity. It has quite a nice clean sound, very crisp sounding due to the Dimarzio's, but depends if that is the tone you are looking for. Would you be selling the Les Paul? If not then buy the VBT, try and get the price knocked down a bit though, ive seen them go on fleabay for as little as £250 and they were £500 new. Then upgrade you Les Paul a bit later on so it compliments the VBT's sound.

Yeah id keep my les paul so try get it down abit then yeah. i was just wondering ive really wanted a jackson rhoads but theyre hidiously over priced, but im not so bothered about body shape now so ill try borrow it off him i personally would like he white one but his is black but its perfect he brought it new and has like never used it. Thank you thats was very helpful
Well as its your friend's guitar im sure he would knock a bit of money off it for you, depending how close a friend he/she is. I would say £350 seems more fair but that may be pushing it. Yeah the rhoads is nice but eveyone and their dog has one, how about knowing that your guitar was a short run of only a few hundred :p Glad i could help, post some pics if you get it.