Hello UG I just wanted to know if you guys know of any music software that is good for writing out piano pieces. If it is free that would be best and if not, the cheapest option possible would be great. It needs to be able to use both treble and bass staves simultaneously. I have tried musescore(it's a pain in the ass) and Guitar pro(which does not allow two voices to be written on one track and is basically made for guitar). Any help is appreciated.
a piece of staff paper
Quote by UtBDan

You in particular? I want you to **** off and die.
Quote by Sandor138
a piece of staff paper

I understand that these forums contain about 70+% teenagers, but stupid comments like this are not wanted here. If you stopped for about a minute, your retarded ass would have seen that I was asking for software, not for any means. Basically, go be a smart ass somewhere else, you failed here miserably.
Quote by megano28
I understand that these forums contain about 70+% teenagers, but stupid comments like this are not wanted here. If you stopped for about a minute, your retarded ass would have seen that I was asking for software, not for any means. Basically, go be a smart ass somewhere else, you failed here miserably.

I think writing out sheet music is cool. And cheap.
Quote by DirtyMakik
Hand Solo... got it?

Hand... Solo!

*makes fapping movement*

aww forget it.
Quote by narcoticsfairy
I think writing out sheet music is cool. And cheap.

I know it is, but my music theory teacher wants a presentable piece(where my handwriting is anything but) and I need some sort of software that will make it possible for me to write out my pieces on the grandstaff.

to the other guy about the guitar pro comment: can you do to voices on the same track?(as in having the treble and bass cleff visible on the same track?)If so show me how
Quote by megano28
I know it is, but my music theory teacher wants a presentable piece(where my handwriting is anything but) and I need some sort of software that will make it possible for me to write out my pieces on the grandstaff.

to the other guy about the guitar pro comment: can you do to voices on the same track?(as in having the treble and bass cleff visible on the same track?)If so show me how

how bout saying please. stop sounding so demanding maybe you will get a better response.
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
well you can use finale or sibelius?
there should be a free version of finale notepad thats pretty good for free
Quote by xGoozx
well you can use finale or sibelius?
there should be a free version of finale notepad thats pretty good for free

After using Sibelius... I can't go back to Finale, let alone Notepad!

Now, Sibelius isn't free (but I would fork out the $600 for it if I could)... but if you know where to look you can find it for free. That's all you're getting from me, cause, well... I don't want to get banned..
Quote by Sandor138
a piece of staff paper
+1, it's partially what I do.

Lugging a computer or a polyphonic instrument to uni with me is hard, so I write with paper and hum out each line as I go along. Then I go home and put it into TuxGuitar (it's free) or FL-studio (the demo is free and functional) to hear it. If it's good, then I'll use FL-studio to add synths and master it. That's my writing process from start to finish.

You need, as far as programs go:
TuxGuitar, or an equivalent scorer (guitar pro, anvil, finale, sibelius)
FL Studio, or some other DAW (Cubase, Acid pro, Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton)
Some good VSTis or DXis or soundfonts.

I also suggest you download uTorrent for obvious reasons
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
Guitar Pro 6 has a fully functioning grand staff, if I recall.
has a terrible signature.