I have an ESP LTD H-300 with EMD-HZ, a DOD Death Metal distortion, and a Raven RG-60. I can play the song Laid To Rest, by Lamb of God, and i cannot get it to sound heavy enought. Im wondering, do i need to make my amp settings all point 12' aclock *half way or 50%*, or do i put the distortion on the heavy settings and tweak my amp till i find the sound/tone id like?
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but im just wondering. Thanks guys!!!
Current Gear:
Fender Squire Strat
DOD Death Medal Distortion pedal
ESP LTD H-300 *YEA SON*
Fender Squire amp *BOO*
You pretty much just have to tweak until you like something. Sadly since I can't hear your amp I can't give you advice but the best thing to do is just turn everything halfway, then one by one turn things up and see how it effects your tone. Then you just start playing with the things that you thought made it sound better. I find if you want a really heavy sound (and I assume you're playing at reasonably low volumes) turn the treble and bass up a bunch, this sounds like crap loud but quietly it adds a lot of heaviness, if we are in fact using the term "heavy" the same.

Hope this helps some.
i wouldnt say turn up anything over 12 unless u want it that way...
but yeah heaviness especially with LoG songs isnt just the guitars.. its the mix..
if u can try listening to the song an isolating the guitars... u can tell its very mid based.... so turning up ur bass and treble up with it wouldnt do too much good for the tone u want..

plus, instead of trying to get some1 else's tone.. just **** around and see what u like.... and use that...
Quote by Tubeampkid
I find if you want a really heavy sound (and I assume you're playing at reasonably low volumes) turn the treble and bass up a bunch, this sounds like crap loud but quietly it adds a lot of heaviness, if we are in fact using the term "heavy" the same.

this is true... when it is turned low.. then scooping the mids sounds much more "brutal"
but it wont give u LoG-ish tone...
The ultimate settings thread would do you good methinks.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan