Page 1 of 2
I love the voice. Great sound and projection. Maybe just work on maintaining your lower notes as they sound slightly (very slightly) pitchy and wavery.

As for the guitar playing, just work on those palm mutes, they need to sound tighter. On the lead, work on hitting the notes clearly and maybe clean that neck pickup tone a bit.

Otherwise it's a great cover that would probably sound better if you were all playing in the same room. That way you'll all be playing in time with eachother.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Last edited by H4T3BR33D3R at May 30, 2010,
Thanks for the comments - I'm the guitar player actually, so it's nice to get some good feedback here!

I mixed this through headphones, and my cpu speakers! haha, i was surprised with how well the sound of the mix came out

Luckily, all have agreed to do some more covers in the future, so look forward to that! Could you suggest any other songs that would go well with those instruments?
Two Tickets to Paradise - Eddie Money.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
This is great, I like the colab things you can do on youtube.

If you wanna check out my vids they are in my sig
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
:O there's two of you! i'll definitely check them out, and post comments on youtube
wow guys, very nice job on this cover! vocals had so much passion, i loved it. drums and bass were solid, and i very much did appreciate the piano. guitar was good, but lead could be cleaned up a little.

as H4T3BR33D3R said, it prolly would help to be in the same room, but seeing as this is an internet band, you guys did a good job of staying on beat. marvelous work.

also, Two Tickets would be a good song to cover, also maybe something by Toto i.e. Hold The Line or Rosanna.

i'm curious: what program did you use to mix this in?
Hi there, thanks for the comment!
I used reaper to mix this, great fun! The video was tediously done in imovie - it only supports two videos at the same time... so i had to constantly export and import in order to get everything on the same screen! :S
Thanks for the comment - I realise that the song some ppl don't like the song as much as us... but later on we plan to cover some more well-known muse songs... stay tuned!
well i'm a fan of all the Muse albums from the alternative rock of Showbiz through the new rock/metal Absolution and up to the Modern rock/pop of The Resistance.

as far as this cover goes, its probably one of the best covers of any Muse song i've heard to date..each person nailed there parts and even though the singer doesn't sound like Matt Bellamy, he brings a nice deeper voice to it which i like very much.
Wow! Thank you so much, that really means a lot!
We're going to some more covers, some muse some not muse (although most will be muse!)... could you recommend any particular songs that we could do? With piano, bass, guitar, vox and drums.

Thanks again, much appreciated!
AJ
O shit! There's a pro right here haha. Loved it man. I really have nothing more to say, it's great.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
That was some legit stuff right there man, great cover everything sounded really good to me and the singer was amazing. Your really lucky to have a singer like that man all I can say is make the most of it. By the way I don't know if you guys would be down for it but I'd like to hear a Queen cover. You guys were really tight as a band and vocally I think it would fit great.
Wow...effin amazing man. Never been a Muse fan or listened to much of their stuff but this is and amazing cover. Wow, that singer really sent some chills up my spin. Bass, guitar, drums, piano, perfect guys....PERFECT!

You guys definitely have a future making music, I hope to hear you all on the radio soon enough. You really got the potential for great things. Not much else to say but awesome job and keep it up!
My Music
-Leave a rating, comment with link will C4C-
Damn! THat was REALLY cool, I'm not the one to really listen to this kind of music generally, but this really kicked ass. Just perfect in my ears! ^^

EDIT: Found out I would be more precise, as I felt this was just not good enough on my behalf:

Generally, it was brilliant, I REALLY enjoyed the singing, and the drums were awesome. The bass could've been a bit higher, but that might just be my speakers, if not; Well, yeah. The guitar was really fluent, had a real nice feel, and the solo-ish thing in the middle was really good, it had a lot of feeling in it, really nice. All in all pretty sweet, also loved the whole colaboration-thing! ^^
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.
Last edited by Kergash at May 31, 2010,
Wow! Thanks a lot ppl, if you want me to crit anything for you, please don't hesitate to ask...

And 'osiris77', we are thinking of doing a queen song, which should be pretty interesting!
By the way, the shortlist for our next song - Map of the problematique, Supermassive Black Hole, Butterflies and hurricanes, A queen song (maybe seven seas of rhye)... what do you all think? Which one would suit us the best next?

Thanks,
AJ
Wow that was beautiful. I don't really have complaints.
Check out my channel on Youtube and subscribe!
I'm not really a MUSE fan, but I do appreciate a great performance. Well done to all of you. BTW, the guitar tone was good, but it still seems a hair too aggressive for the material. Good job.

Oh, thanks for the comments.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Very nice cover. The vocals were especially impressive imo. For the guitar part, maybe a little 'smoother' tone, again work on the palm mute chugga chuggas. Great solo, nicely done overall.
Wow man really good cover, specially liking the overall mix of the video!
I really wish I had some suggestions to your playing, but it was supberb.
It was cool that vocalist stayed with his own personal style and not trying to copy matt!
knights of cydonia go go
haha, we'll definitely have to do KOC pretty soon... but that's a pretty tough song to go for :S

The next one we'll probably do is 'Dont stop me now' by Queen (we'll spice it up a bit), and the 'Map of the Problematique' (with that crazy effect).
I'm currently trying to find a way to play that! Just got guitar rig, which i think should do the trick!
Well, I'm guessing you're the guitar player, so if not, sorry, but great playing. The only thing I could say, as was said above, is to work on your palm-mutes a bit. Also, you friggin nailed that solo. It might sound a little better if you had some more gain, though. Overall, nice job.
Also, please, give your piano player props for me.
Sending a dummy to my God.

Thanks a lot! Yep, i'm the guitar player and i'll work on those palm mutes - i've got to work on keeping a constant rhythm (no matter how tiring!) throughout the entire piece. Thanks for the comment!

I'll also link the piano player to this thread, i'm sure he'll appreciate your comment!
Wow, 5/5
The solo is perfect, i don't know what else i should say
Good job !
Thanks man, appreciate it!

Btw, can anyone help me with getting the 'map of the problematique' effect on 'guitar rig'? thanks, we'll be covering that one soon - that one's appreciated a bit more amongst muse fans!
A very well produced and played cover

Good job by all involved, when's the next one
" Free U'R Mind... And U'R AZZ will follow"

- George Clinton
Haha, thanks a lot!
We have decided on 'Dont Stop Me Now' by Queen as our next one... should be fun!

Due to exams.. I think a month? After that we'll do one every couple of weeks
Quote by ankthebank
Haha, thanks a lot!
We have decided on 'Dont Stop Me Now' by Queen as our next one... should be fun!

Due to exams.. I think a month? After that we'll do one every couple of weeks

Cool if you remember send me a PM when its up on youtube, I want to hear it but I'll probably forget in a month.
Ok cool, thanks for the support!

I'll try and remember to remind you so you don't forget (phew!)... If you have a youtube account, you can subscribe, that would be easier... i think you can set it so that you get an email when we upload a vid

Thanks
great cover man. can't say much that hasn't be said. keep it up. would love to see this played with all you together.
Quote by robobond
great cover man. can't say much that hasn't be said. keep it up. would love to see this played with all you together.

Thanks, but I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon!

Me and the drummer are from UK, the pianist is from scotland, bassist from denmark, and the singer is from canada!

Haha, i don't know, maybe if we get like 50,000 subscribers or something!
WMG Have blocked our vid, because of 'copyright infringement' - absolute rubbish.

Anyway to resolve this?
I can't help you with getting it back up but I would take that as a compliment, they obviously felt threatened by it. There are thousands of cover on youtube that never get taken down, you must have embarrassed Muse, haha.
try labeling it as something else......might take longer for them to find i didn't even get a chance to hear it wich blows very thoroughly..... ):
Page 1 of 2