Moderately searchbar'd, found an old-ish thread, but thought I'd start a new one.

Does the pit ride at all? I work in a bike shop and just recently purchased a Specialized Sirrus.

So come on and discuss bikes and the like! Share stories, talk about your own bike, etc.
Last edited by WoeChicks at May 29, 2010,
I have a Trek Jack 2 07 or 08 model i think.. it's not bad at all for an entry level bike, does me fine for the odd bit of mountain biking i do.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
A bit of a roadie here. I ride a Giant Alliance Sport (08') which is the half alloy/half carbon frame by Giant. A bit heavy for racing and has a more upright geometry, but has a very comfortable ride.

On road cycling has anyone being following the Giro? What a crazy race it has been.
Have a Specialized Crosstrail, currently building this bad boy.... a fixie!

Started out as a 1973 schwinn continental, bought it for $20. It was brown, rusty, with rotten tires. This will be my first fixie I have built myself. Only aftermarket parts will be some shimano cranks, vuelta wheelset, and some bullhorns. May add a new seat post down the line.
you mean "the cycling thread" ...
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
I do some mountain biking, we have a few local paths that are decent. I use a Gary Fisher bike. I need to replace the seat, though, it does not get along well with my ass.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
i ****ing love biking man, i own a 200$ Giant Moutain Bike, tis allright for the price, but i love just biking out on the open roads watching the sunset and land and just reminds me how there is a way to get away, and life doesnt have to be a continuous battle and that you can just get away
Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter
Any suggestions on a starter road/commuter bike? I want to use it to commute to school/around campus/get places without having to drive... I don't want to have to worry about it too much (maintenance and stuff), and I'd like to not spend more than $500....
^ Well, The Specialized Sirrus is actually a great match for those requirements, It's slightly more than your budget, $520 i believe, but it's definitely worth it.
Me too, I'd like one for university. My budget is more like 'as cheap as possible' though. Is there a huuuge difference between mens' and womens' bikes?
Quote by tikwid
Me too, I'd like one for university. My budget is more like 'as cheap as possible' though. Is there a huuuge difference between mens' and womens' bikes?

The main difference between men's and women's bikes is often the frame shape, though "men's" can normally be ridden by women just as easily.
I would recommend the raleigh venture, it's $310 (cheapest at the store i work at), but a quality bike that makes up our rental fleet.
Last edited by WoeChicks at May 29, 2010,
Aw, I loved cycling when I was a kid. We used to go everywhere on bikes, and there were some awesome areas of wasteland to mess about on.

I haven't been on a bike (well, occasionally) for ages, though... my last bike broke when I was about 13 and I could either get a new bike for Christmas or a new guitar. I was getting really into guitar around then so I got one of those instead. Haven't cycled since.

/bawww
You say black I say white
You say bark I say bite
You say shark I say hey man
Jaws was never my scene
And I don't like Star Wars
You say Rolls I say Royce
You say God give me a choice
You say Lord I say Christ
I don't believe in Peter Pan
Frankenstein or Superman
All I wanna do is...
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
You say black I say white
You say bark I say bite
You say shark I say hey man
Jaws was never my scene
And I don't like Star Wars
You say Rolls I say Royce
You say God give me a choice
You say Lord I say Christ
I don't believe in Peter Pan
Frankenstein or Superman
All I wanna do is...

QUEEEEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter
Quote by WoeChicks
The main difference between men's and women's bikes is often the frame shape, though "men's" can normally be ridden by women just as easily.
I would recommend the raleigh venture, it's $310 (cheapest at the store i work at), but a quality bike that makes up our rental fleet.

I shall make a note, thanks.
.....teh bicycle is a good invention......

happy days but sadder face, heaven knows shes mourned her case, how could I forget to mention the bicycle...
I used to do quite a bit of mountain biking but the guy I went with doesn't have his van anymore. I've gotten into doing 20/30 mile cross country rides if I've got some time to kill and occasionally push it to 35/40 miles if I've got a day to kill. Been considering doing some cross country events.
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
I like Bicycling. I live in The Netherlands, we do it a lot. I ride to school on my bike every day, wich is a total of 20 kilometres. It's good for my physique, actually.
Around here, bicycles are regularly thrown in the local rivers and canals. A while ago, I fished out 4 bicycles, each with a cirtain amount of damage done to them, took them down to the police station in case they were stolen, where I was told that I could keep them if they were not claimed within 3 months.
3 months later I collected them, took them apart and made 2 very servicable mountain bikes out of the parts.
^^ nice, slacker! I know someone that used to to that for me when I was 5-10. Out of skips or whatever

I've got one of these bad boys:

Had a nice BMW hybrid/mountain bike before that, but it was nicked This thing's had its fair share of problems though. Couple of punctures and a broken spoke. I should really be more handy with spanners lol.
Where would i look (brand wise or store wise) for a good cruising bike? Around 100$ would be nice; gear shift doesn't matter, but id like curved handlebars.
Quote by Kensai
Happy birthday

Quote by TSmitty6
is it me or does the black kids head look like a bong, and the girl behind him just took a hit and is zonked out?
Quote by Autumnfallsbest
Where would i look (brand wise or store wise) for a good cruising bike? Around 100$ would be nice; gear shift doesn't matter, but id like curved handlebars.

If you can wait for a couple of weeks, I'm sure I can fish some curved handlebars out of the canal and fit them to one of the bikes I built.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
If you can wait for a couple of weeks, I'm sure I can fish some curved handlebars out of the canal and fit them to one of the bikes I built.

If only i lived in the uk
No but thats really lucky, bikes are becoming popular here and I havent ridden one in a while, too bad i cant have bikes just floating in the river
Quote by Kensai
Happy birthday

Quote by TSmitty6
is it me or does the black kids head look like a bong, and the girl behind him just took a hit and is zonked out?
Quote by SlackerBabbath

, I've got a few bikes in quite bad condition I just might see if I can fish some parts out of the local burn.
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
i ride a 2009 ns capital for trails and park (**** street) and an on-one inbred singlespeed to get myself to work. fixed gears are possibly the gayest thing to have entered the bicycle scene, especially those retards who ride 'freestyle' on them - **** off you poser twats
Lasciate ogne speranza voi ch'intrate - Dante
Only the dead have seen the end of the war - Plato
?proxima quaque metit gladio? - Virgil
I just bought a Specialized Stumpjumper Expert FSR 29er and a Rockhopper Comp 29er. They're nice bikes.
Taylor GS8 Rosewood/Spruce
I love to ride my bike and get lost while listening to music.
I let you get away so cleanly.
i ride an old raleigh grand prix that i converted to fixed. i'm still a noob at riding fixed, but i love it. kept the cranks, pedals, and front brake, got a new rear wheel, re-taped the handlebars (and general maintenance etc.)

since i took the picture, i got a new saddle and fitted clips onto the pedals. i've pretty much fallen in love with cycling this year. saves me bus fare and i'm getting some good exercise from it.