Page 1 of 2
Moving soon, to a house where i can do whatever I want with my room, and I want some ideas.

The house is about 20 minutes out in the Texas hill country. This area.

The room has lots of windows, balcony doors, which will probably be open most of the time.
I want it to be serene and peaceful, but trippy, colorful and psychedelic. Will have a nice sound system set up with a sub.

So far I'm thinking just a mattress with no frame that doubles a a couch with beanbags, cushions, pillows low chairs for other seating. Coffee table in the middle and across from the bed a TV.

Not sure what to what wall color I want it yet, probably green with all my posters. I definitely will be painting a mural on one wall though, something like this:

Any ideas appreciated, thanks. Pit can have good suggestions.

TL;DR: Help me design my bedroom. For trippin, meditation, chilling.
Also, last thread for a while, I promise.

Just step yourself outside, and look up at the stars above.

Quote by Doctor Wu
Moving soon, to a house where i can do whatever I want with my room, and I want some ideas.

The room has lots of windows, balcony doors, which will probably be open most of the time.
I want it to be serene and peaceful, but trippy, colorful and psychedelic. Will have a nice sound system set up with a sub.

So far I'm thinking just a mattress with no frame that doubles a a couch with beanbags, cushions, pillows low chairs for other seating. Coffee table in the middle and across from the bed a TV.

Not sure what to what wall color I want it yet, probably green with all my posters. I definitely will be painting a mural on one wall though, something like this:

imo opinion man, have plain walls, and when your tripping apint crazy designs, perhaps a few indian designs and some posters from the acid tests? house looks awesome btw, im jealous man haha
Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter
I have no idea, but I'd love a room like this. lol
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by Doctor Matthews
Jizz and/or blood on the walls. Ceiling to floor.

Ahh, a fellow doctor. What else could I expect but this fantastic suggestion.

Lava lamps everywhere, those strobe light type things they sell at spencers, black light, weed posters, ipod speakers that constantly play buffalo soldier and I shot the sheriff all day and all night, fog machine.

GO GO GO!!!

EDIT: More cool ideas

Make the room into 7 areas, and paint each one a different chakral color. Incense every where. A drinking bird.
Last edited by tubatom868686 at May 29, 2010,
colorful gas-station light up signs or generally anything that lights up or gives off colored light. if you get enough of them, you can turn them all on and they will light up the room. all the different colors mixed with the darkness from not having a legit lamp or light provides for a cool smoking/lounge atmosphere.

EDIT:
also those glow in the dark star/space stickers are cool when you put them on the ceiling. you can also get glow in the dark paint. you could paint your mural in glow in the dark paint or paint a design on the ceiling with it.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Last edited by NoLaurelTree000 at May 29, 2010,
I'll take this seriously now.

Paint each wall like a different Rorschach test. That would make you trip balls.
MATTERHORN
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
colorful gas-station light up signs or generally anything that lights up or gives off colored light. if you get enough of them, you can turn them all on and they will light up the room. all the different colors mixed with the darkness from not having a legit lamp or light provides for a cool smoking/lounge atmosphere.

Dude that's a freaking excellent idea.

And the Rorschach thing... I would just drop a deuce. I wouldn't even be able to handle myself with that for some reason.

Quote by NoLaurelTree000

EDIT:
also those glow in the dark star/space stickers are cool when you put them on the ceiling. you can also get glow in the dark paint. you could paint your mural in glow in the dark paint or paint a design on the ceiling with it.

This+fog machine=EPIC

Make a mural of on your wall
Whoa u lucky bastard. u hav some awesome ideas what with the relaxed low level furniture. I say u shud shroom up, and then paint the walls whilst trippin. This will provide an authentic ambience.
Quote by ripdime04
imo opinion man, have plain walls, and when your tripping apint crazy designs, perhaps a few indian designs and some posters from the acid tests? house looks awesome btw, im jealous man haha

Dude, seriously this. Get a little high, and then do whatever comes to mind. The results should be way trippier than anything you'll come up with at the moment.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
Dude, seriously this. Get a little high, and then do whatever comes to mind. The results should be way trippier than anything you'll come up with at the moment.

This has actually been the plan, I just didn't wanna sound like a twat.

Thanks with all the ideas though, they're really good. I'll definitely be getting some of the glow in the dark stars and blacklights as well. I'll be using UV paint for emphasis and parts of the mural, and possibly different designs in other parts of the room that'll be invisible in the light.

Quote by Doctor Wu
This has actually been the plan, I just didn't wanna sound like a twat.

Thanks with all the ideas though, they're really good. I'll definitely be getting some of the glow in the dark stars and blacklights as well. I'll be using UV paint for emphasis and parts of the mural, and possibly different designs in other parts of the room that'll be invisible in the light.

I can just imagine it! You walk into a normally lit room during the night, and everything seems normal, and then you turn off the normal lights, and turn on the black lights, and before you is the coolest mural youve seen in your life

TS, just an idea. Maybe you could paint each wall a different scene, or theme. For instance, one wall an ocean, another a desert, another a snowy mountain, and another a lush ocean.

Maybe not those exactly, but I think it would be cool to give each wall a distinct theme; even if its not exactly a tangible theme like a forest. They could be emotions or chakras or whatever
Quote by Doctor Wu

Sounds pretty awesome... I could do with something like that, but my room's general design seems to just be piles of mess that have gradually built up over about 12 years. As long as I can get from the door, to the computer chair, and to the bed, I don't really care. Probably isn't good for my overall stress level, though.
Quote by tubatom868686
I can just imagine it! You walk into a normally lit room during the night, and everything seems normal, and then you turn off the normal lights, and turn on the black lights, and before you is the coolest mural youve seen in your life

TS, just an idea. Maybe you could paint each wall a different scene, or theme. For instance, one wall an ocean, another a desert, another a snowy mountain, and another a lush ocean.

Maybe not those exactly, but I think it would be cool to give each wall a distinct theme; even if its not exactly a tangible theme like a forest. They could be emotions or chakras or whatever

Shut your fucking face. That's damn freaking brilliant. I'm getting excited just thinking about this. I like the different scenes idea, and the scenes could be done in a way that they're emotions too. Like this tranquil chill ocean, then like an intense deep forest. I don't even know, but it'll be great.

Quote by Doctor Wu
Shut your fucking face. That's damn freaking brilliant. I'm getting excited just thinking about this. I like the different scenes idea, and the scenes could be done in a way that they're emotions too. Like this tranquil chill ocean, then like an intense deep forest. I don't even know, but it'll be great.

So am I, and its not even my room!
1. Who else ****ing loves these?

2. I have a pretty big balcony leading of my room. 6' 10'. anything I should do for that?

Quote by Doctor Wu
1. Who else ****ing loves these?

2. I have a pretty big balcony leading of my room. 6' 10'. anything I should do for that?

Google pong chairs. They make those thing look like sitting on a bed of spikes.

Also, balcony over looking what? Like a loft inside the house, or a balcony outside. And if its outside, does it have a roof?
Quote by Grimmy101
*Cool ass room*

I've seen that. Definitely the idea I'm going for, but more natural.

Quote by tubatom868686
Google pong chairs. They make those thing look like sitting on a bed of spikes.

Also, balcony over looking what? Like a loft inside the house, or a balcony outside. And if its outside, does it have a roof?

(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

Overlooks this kind of land. The balcony is in the top left. House is still being built, has railing now. These were taken in January, so everything is much greener now.
Straight behind where the pictures were taken from is a big downward slope so you see down and way far land like that.

And those chairs look like jesus.

Quote by Doctor Wu
(Invalid img)

(Invalid img)

Overlooks this kind of land. The balcony is in the top left. House is still being built, has railing now. These were taken in January, so everything is much greener now.
Straight behind where the pictures were taken from is a big downward slope so you see down and way far land like that.

And those chairs look like jesus.

Can you say, grass carpeting deck? As in like...instead of a wooden deck, you grow sod? And you can plant flowers and shit too? Specifically grow plants with indigo and violet to help you open your brow and crown chakras to make your viewing experience even more pleasurable.
Quote by tubatom868686
Can you say, grass carpeting deck? As in like...instead of a wooden deck, you grow sod? And you can plant flowers and shit too? Specifically grow plants with indigo and violet to help you open your brow and crown chakras to make your viewing experience even more pleasurable.

You. Are a Freaking.

Genius.

Quote by Doctor Wu
You. Are a Freaking.

Genius.

Lol, thank you. I just think it would totally help out that feeling of being outside and in the open with nature.
If i had all the things I want outside I'd totally live out there. This is gonna be great, I totally know what you mean.

Man I wish I were you right now. Can I come visit? Or house sit when you're on vacation?
Yahoo!
Quote by Mr.hurricane
Man I wish I were you right now. Can I come visit? Or house sit when you're on vacation?

I've living in Florida right now with my Aunt and Uncle. You're favorite band list is pretty much my top 10 too.

Sure man. Fly back there with me, I leave June 10th.

Quote by Doctor Wu
I've living in Florida right now with my Aunt and Uncle. You're favorite band list is pretty much my top 10 too.

Sure man. Fly back there with me, I leave June 10th.

Oddly enough I'm in Florida myself... We're clearly meant to be together.

Edit: wait I'm guessing you already deduced that. I'm an idiot.
Yahoo!
Quote by Mr.hurricane
Oddly enough I'm in Florida myself... We're clearly meant to be together.

Edit: wait I'm guessing you already deduced that. I'm an idiot.

Oddly enough... yeah I totally did

Screw every bit of furniture to either one wall or the ceiling. Carpet said wall/ceiling.
Paint floor white.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

Quote by mrfinkle213
Screw every bit of furniture to either one wall or the ceiling. Carpet said wall/ceiling.
Paint floor white.

Human centipede, Wu Tang, Buckethead...what the shit?

Also, how could I have not thought of this?!

Do the thing with a mural representing a different emotion on each wall. That would be really cool.

I wish I had this house.
Quote by Doctor Wu
Human centipede, Wu Tang, Buckethead...what the shit?

Also, how could I have not thought of this?!

I lolled into tears

EDIT: The Wu Tang part I actually got from a ABRB song.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

Last edited by mrfinkle213 at May 30, 2010,
Do what I'm trying to do and get flyers and posters from shows that you go to and put 'em all on one wall I guess (I'm doing it where ever I can, because I can't paint mine awesome colors).

You might think "Nah, it won't fit with the rest" but if you go to classic rock and psychedelic shows and bands that you like and whatnot, the bands are probably more likely to have awesome artwork.

If this sounds stupid I apologize, I haven't slept in about 2 days and I think I should really try to now.

EDIT: Or become friends with Alex Grey and ask him to paint your room.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Last edited by CFH82 at May 30, 2010,
Quote by mrfinkle213
I lolled into tears

EDIT: The Wu Tang part I actually got from a ABRB song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIPfQ-HtYeM

And I'm not the best painter. I can handle 2D stuff like that inked one I did in the first post, but I don't know if I'll be able to do full nature scenes.
I wish though, I'm sure I'll end up with a huge ass poster of what I would have painted centered on each wall.

Shit like this, but much bigger, maybe wallpaper.

In all honesty, I really like your room idea.

When I first moved into my old house (which unfortunately when we moved I had to paint over everything) our chill(smoke) room was just a plain white room with some posters and all that. Then my ex-GF gave me the idea to let my friends paint it however they want. So slowly and surely that room got painted into a brilliant work of art, it took a while but it happened. Not to mention the memories were always there because, well, they were painted on the wall! If I can dig up the old photo's of it I'll totally post um.

But I do like your idea as well, just throwin' my 2 cents into the hat
Quote by zachbino57
CSguitarvocal is correct as usual, pepsi tastes much better out of a can.

Quote by TWISTEDFender
And CSguitarvocal for teh win.
Page 1 of 2