so pit. do you guys prefer writing your lyrics on word documents or with a good 'ol pen and paper? i personally prefer pen and paper.
http://www.youtube.com/user/charliegray12212

check out my youtube channel for guitar covers.

Quote by Radman_Paiza
I saw it with my dudefriend. But I'm totally not gay, because I have a girlfriend. She's imaginary, but atleast I have one.
Pencil and paper cause you can take it with you, and always jot down ideas when your bored. Unless your a dork who always brings their laptop around, you can't do it on word
Use Songwriting & Lyrics Techniques for this.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by sashki
I have a little book which I scribble down random ideas into, and try to make a song out of them. So paper.

This. I actually started off writing on regular notebook paper, I was going through alot last October and I just started writing different thoughts and emotions when I was supposed to be taking notes during my Human Anatomy class I ended up filling in all of the white space, front and back, on that piece of paper, so I pulled out another piece and began writing until I ran outta space on that one, and so on. In fact, I've even written on the back of concert band music before. Recently though, I've been using a journal my sister bought me for my birthday. Very convenient.

EDIT: However, while I do prefer to use a physical medium to record my lyrics, I do type ideas on my computer if they come up while I'm using my laptop. Usually though, I transfer them to my journal when I get the chance.
Quote by Jackal58
I eat dead meat all the time. You don't have to chase it around your plate and it doesn't try to peck your eyes out.

It Happens.

My Gear:

-Custom Fender MIM Black Strat
-Mesa/Boogie Rect-O-Verb
-Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Last edited by EvilAngel93 at May 29, 2010,
I always write on the computer. I can't write very well when I'm using pen and paper
I can never sit down and write lyrics on purpose, it's always spontaneous. I just write ideas down on a sheet of paper if I'm at school or something, then write it in my notebook when I get home. I never like using the computer for creative stuff though, even with English essays I always preferred to actually write them, which pissed off a lot of my teachers.

Maybe if I was better at writing lyrics I would be able to sit down and write away whenever I wanted.
I use my computer more often, because I don't really have anything to physically write it down on.
Quote by anorexorcist15
so pit. do you guys prefer writing your lyrics on word documents or with a good 'ol pen and paper? i personally prefer pen and paper.

pen and paper in a notebook
Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter
Quote by Epicbizzjizz
I don't write, but it seems like typing it out would feel really impersonal. IMO
The song/poems in my sig were typed out on my laptop as I composed them.
They feel plenty personal to me.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I prefer pen and paper just because for some reason it seems more personal.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Paper, I couldnt write a the computer. I need a confine space like my bedroom, where nothing can bother me.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
pen and paper. It's less personal to me if it's typed/

Exactly how it is with me. I always use a pen so if I mess up I can scribble it out, and I write diagonally instead of on the lines.

just my method.
I only use pen and paper if I don't have a computer with me. I don't like that I can't erase it if it turns out cringe-worthy.

And because of how impersonal the computer is, it's easier to concentrate on what's going on in my head as opposed to what my hands are doing.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at May 29, 2010,
Inspiration is fleeting for me, so I write it down on whatever I can get my hands on fastest whether that be the keyboard, or with a pen and paper.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~