I am looking for a cheap mic that i can use to record some rough demos, some rough metal demos xD, a bit like a good '' Black Metal '' recording, what do you guys think of this one?

Mic

Can you give me a demo of what the quality is like?
Can i just plug it into my computer and use Audacity to record?
Does it handle distortion well?
Would you say it's worth 169$ AU?

Thoughts?
My crappy old mic works fine for Audacity and handles distortion well. So I'm sure anything will work.
I tend to stay away from behringer, but I have used some of their condensers before to do live sound at a pinch. I'd rather put up shure sm57 in front of an amp though :shrugs:

Sound is very subjective, and sometimes mics surprise you.

If your going for an old school, lo-fi black metal fee, I'd also consider getting a junky $20 mic. You can always run two mics on the amp and mix the two channels.

You will want to get a proper interface for recording, plugging a mic right into the line in on your computer usually results in bad things unless you have a nice soundcard. But then for black metal, that might work well
If i buy one of these,

Will i be able to use it with my comp?
Is it compatible with any kind of mic?
Are they reliable? ( are they known to break down easily, have problems of any kind, etc )

Does this look legit?

Ebay
Quote by ShredHead396
If i buy one of these,

Will i be able to use it with my comp?
Is it compatible with any kind of mic?
Are they reliable? ( are they known to break down easily, have problems of any kind, etc )

Does this look legit?

Ebay

I mean, they are probably the best in that price range. Yes, they should work between your computer and any mic. They aren't the best, but the best is a good deal more expensive.
How are you expecting to record without an interface? Get a cheap 2 or 1 input interface such as the Presonus Audiobox and get a Shure SM57, and you can't go wrong.