So, I'm thinking of making some purchases of Black Sabbath albums and was wondering which albums besides Paranoid are the best?
Quote by RPGoof
Heavy metal indicates you are using meth, LSD, ecstasy or cocaine.
Quote by VolumeControl
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
This. Any of them really. Master of Reality, Sabatoge, Mob Rules, Volume Four, Black Sabbath. Definitely the first four Sabbath albums (Self-Titled, Paranoid, Master of Reality, Vol. 4) and the three Sabbath albums with Dio (Dehumanizer, Heaven and Hell, Mob Rules).
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
This should really be in the metal forum.
"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
anything thats Ozzy-era Sabbath.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Just buy the whole collection.
Sabbath albums tend to vary quite a lot, the difference between their first album (Black Sabbath) and their last album in the Ozzy era (Never Say Die) is quite striking and then the difference again with Dio or Martin on vocals is even more striking. So it's practicaly impossible to say which one is the best because they are all good in very different ways.
My personal favourites at the moment are Vol. 4 and Technical Ecstasy, but after being the singer in a Sabbath tribute for the past 10 years, this choice is probably based as much on me being bored of the more well known material like Paranoid and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath as it is actualy based on musical merit. But they're all good, just in different ways.