My wife and I have company, and they are watching some stupid crap on TV. And by stupid, I mean it's on TV, so that tells you everything you need to know. I'm pretty misanthropic to begin with, and these people don't interest me in the least, and I want to play my guitar, but I can't unless I haul it up to my room or down to the basement, which would get me some glares from present company.
Do what I do and drink until you're more sociable.
My God, it's full of stars!
Sometimes I want to play at times that are completely inappropriate. I cannot have a guitar in my hands during a serious conversation, otherwise I get distracted.
Yksinään hän vaeltaa mis' varjot lankeaa
Halki usvan ja roudan vain teräs seuranaan
Sydämensä kylmä on kuin maa routainen
Mutta silmissään viha polttava kuin kiuas tulinen
Quote by Colgate Total
No, it doesn't happen to me because I'm not an uptight, irritable prick.

Well I am! If you're not an uptight irritable prick you could stay off of the uptight irritable prick threads. We uptight irritable pricks thank you.
Just humor them. That's what being a host is about some of the times. Unless you're really close with them and don't hate them, just be nice and pretend. Otherwise if you really hate their guts then just go play; you won't be losing anything.
yeah happens all the time since i dont have a room and i sleep in the living room i can never crank my amp without everone in the living room getting pissed off andi cant kick them out of the living room
Quote by Rt1Rebel
Well I am! If you're not an uptight irritable prick you could stay off of the uptight irritable prick threads. We uptight irritable pricks thank you.

ROFL! Well said
Quote by Dreadnought

Do what I do and don't invite people you don't like over to your house.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Rt1Rebel
My wife and I have company, and they are watching some stupid crap on TV. And by stupid, I mean it's on TV, so that tells you everything you need to know. I'm pretty misanthropic to begin with, and these people don't interest me in the least, and I want to play my guitar, but I can't unless I haul it up to my room or down to the basement, which would get me some glares from present company.

Did you maybe try saying "Honey, can we watch something else?"
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by Rt1Rebel

You responded way better than I would have.

OT: I usually just play my acoustic in that type of situation.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by Jackal58

But then you have no excuse to drink.

EDIT: scratch that, there's always an excuse.
Quote by mental_zer0
But then you have no excuse to drink.

I don't drink with people I don't like.
I can remain civil while I'm sober.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58

Bam, that's rule #1. My post is rule #2
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Jackal58

DING DING DING

We have a winner.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
You want to play guitar you say? *Ahem* Ask your company if they'd like to listen to some guitar, and after you're all warmed up and such, start playing the most massive, br00talz metal you know. Even Dethklok will suffice, especially if you can do the low growls. Start sacrificing your living room pets as well, they'll leave in no time at all.

...Or this.
Quote by Dreadnought
Screw them turn your amp up and play as loud as you can.
Unrelated: Thrill-house I also live in Maryland, Perryville to be more specific.
Quote by MagicsDevil

29 internets to you, good sir.

Quote by undecided1993
Well I apologise for not taking pictures of my naked mother.

Pokémon SoulSilver Friend code:0775-6767-8676
Quote by Dreadnought
Bam, that's rule #1. My post is rule #2

If I drink around people I don't like I usually tell them exactly why I think they're all fucked up. Not always a good thing.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by wannabestoner69
Unrelated: Thrill-house I also live in Maryland, Perryville to be more specific.

Nice, I've only seen a couple others on here that are from MD. You're not too far from Perry Hall maybe 30 min.
Quote by Thrill-house
Nice, I've only seen a couple others on here that are from MD. You're not too far from Perry Hall maybe 30 min.

Maryland high-five!
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
LOL, I'm in Millersville MD.

Also, the "company" has left. And I'm a good 15 beers into the evening, if that answers to some suggestions.
Quote by Rt1Rebel
LOL, I'm in Millersville MD.

Also, the "company" has left. And I'm a good 15 beers into the evening, if that answers to some suggestions.

15 beers, do they make the beer weak in the US?

I'm usually done from like 10
MonsterBeast Is Fat And Ugly!
Quote by MyDesertRose
15 beers, do they make the beer weak in the US?

I'm usually done from like 10

Lightweight.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
Lightweight.

I'm glad then, cheaper for me. Same effect.
Let me be clear here, I don't consider alcohol consumption a bragging point, and I don't consider drunkeness the desired result. I started 12 hours ago in Annapolis and I pace rather well. 20 beers on a Saturday is not extraordinary.
Last edited by Rt1Rebel at May 30, 2010,
Quote by Rt1Rebel
Let me be clear here, I don't consider alcohol consumption a bragging point, and I don't consider drunkeness the desired result. I started 12 hours ago in Annapolis and I pace rather well. 20 beers on a Saturday is not extraordinary. Hell, 30 with random shots during football season is not extraordinary.

Don't get me wrong I also hate the alcohol braggers, I just wanted to know because over here that just seems so different.

Maybe the US is just used to everything in excess and have adapted that way.

Just don't think I am one of those dickheads trying to troll you.

One of the things I want to try one day is seeing what the drinking culture would be like if you put an American and Australian together I would find that interesting.
Quote by Rt1Rebel

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Just imagine yourself stomping their faces through the coffee table til you feel better or they leave.
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
Hey, I'm from Maryland. In it right now. I hate Maryland.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Jackal58

/thread

Unfortunately, I don't have that luxury, as the people in question are SUPAR BESTEST FRANDS with my parents.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by Xiaoxi
Hey, I'm from Maryland. In it right now. I hate Maryland.

Your profile says you are in MA. Politically, not much of a difference, really.

[Ted]Let's say we get some guns and guitars and take our shit back, huh?[/Nugent]