Poll: Should they cost more?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should they cost more?
Yes
54 47%
No
60 53%
Voters: 114.
Page 1 of 2
Well, my friends and I were talking about this and the sides were pretty equal...So do you think that larger sized clothes should cost more than the exact same one in a smaller size? Personally, I think that would be unfair and the cost probably comes more from labor than the small difference of cloth used between the sizes..Thoughts?
TL;DR: My friend is fat and I'm skinny. His clothes cost the same as mine. Shouldn't I be saving like 30 cents? Or atleast him losing 30 cents?
........................,;:/|Simply~~Strings|\:;,......................
Quote by JustRooster
I love you forever.

Quote by KeepOnRotting
That Rick Roll was extremely well played.
more fabric = more costs for producer = more costs for consumer
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
What would be unfair is having to see fat people wearing clothes that are too small. As if that's not a problem already.

But nah, I'm sure that markups cover any extra expenses and for the smaller clothes that would just mean a bigger profit margin for both manufacturer and retailer.
I think its simply a commonly understood, necessary evil, if ya know what I mean.
Dream Theater FTW!!

Gear:
Ibanez S7320 7-string
Tama Superstar 8 pc. drum set
Supply and demand. There's a reason why 60 watt light bulbs are more expensive than say, a 70 watt bulb.
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Considering for much larger sizes, yeah, they do cost more, your point has a point of being invalid.

But I for one wouldn't care if an extra 30 cents were to be taken off. Is it REALLY that big of a problem?

Unless you're buying clothes EVERY week, I doubt it's that much of a problem.
We don't pay for the actual "clothes" anymore. We pay for labor/flashy brand names/ how it'll help us fit in.
So no.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by Demon Wolf
I got a similar thing from playing too much Pokemon.

Magikarpal tunnel.
Of course not. Smaller sizes should cost less.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
Of course not. Smaller sizes should cost less.
nah, smaller sizes should cost MORE.

Fatty spends way more on food, so skinny dude should have to pay more for clothes.
It's a "more equitable distribution of wealth".
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Sorry to break this to you but they're the supply and demand curves; not the caring and equality curves.

Sometimes when companies release a new mp3 player or whatever it costs them literally nothing in production costs between a 30g storage and 60g storage version. The 60g model only costs 1/3 more because that's what people are willing to pay extra.
Mr. Butlertron are you A handsome B smart C scrap metal or D all of the above
Scangrade thats easy I'm A and B but not C, so it can't be all of the above, but you can't fill in two ovals Nooo!
Mr. Butlertron the answer is C... you fuckwad
It's really up to the company that makes them. As has been mentioned, the cost of clothes has little to do with the actual cost of production, and everything to do with the marketing. I have two daughters so I know I'm pretty pissed off when a $3 t shirt costs $50 because of the logo, I doubt size pricing would save me a bundle.
Should? Probably not. I don't see a problem if they decide to though.
Check out my band Disturbed
Yes, it costs more to make them. It's just like of how bigger shoes cost a lot more than regular shoes.
Quote by SimplyStrings
TL;DR: My friend is fat and I'm skinny. His clothes cost the same as mine. Shouldn't I be saving like 30 cents? Or atleast him losing 30 cents?

No. Some people prefer larger sizes because they like their clothes to fit looser. Should they have to pay more to feel comfortable with what they are wearing?

Quote by darkcheef
Yes, it costs more to make them. It's just like of how bigger shoes cost a lot more than regular shoes.

Yeah, but you can get rather large sizes without paying extra.

What size clothes would cost more? I mean where do you cut it off at?
some places already do that, i went to a concert and one of the shirts there was $30 for a medium and $45 for a large and of course i gave in and spent the extra $15 but thats because i'm an idiot
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
They use more fabric in larger clothes,so yes. They should cost more
Gingers Unite
Fatties' clothes cost the same as skinny people's clothes.

Haters gonna hate.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
I doubt that clothes costs much to produce really, the brand kinda shoots the price up in the air. So my doubts going to the fact that the clothes company loses money if the bigger clothes costs the same.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
The clothes you buy all have added value. The small clothes could cost very little to make, but they add value to the cost to make it appear that it's worth more. With the big clothes they juts add less and make it look like they're giving you a good deal by not paying more for larger clothes.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
nah, smaller sizes should cost MORE.

Fatty spends way more on food, so skinny dude should have to pay more for clothes.
It's a "more equitable distribution of wealth".

Then the fatty needs to stop eating that much
kthxbai.
yes, they should also introduce fat persons tax
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by TheQuailman
Maybe the skinny people need to stop wearing so many clothes?

Wut, i'm saying that smaller clothes use less fabric so it would make sense to make them cheaper.
As a company i wouldn't do it, but if i was forced to decide i think it's pretty reasonable.
And since when do skinny people wear more clothes than fat people?

EDIT:
I think it's the same with the airplane thing, if they make it impossible for someone to sit next to them comfortably i think they should be charged extra. (except if they have a disease of some sorts ofcourse)
kthxbai.
Last edited by OMGWTFBBQ? at May 30, 2010,
Quote by OMGWTFBBQ?
Wut, i'm saying that smaller clothes use less fabric so it would make sense to make them cheaper.
As a company i wouldn't do it, but if i was forced to decide i think it's pretty reasonable.
And since when do skinny people wear more clothes than fat people?

EDIT:
I think it's the same with the airplane thing, if they make it impossible for someone to sit next to them comfortably i think they should be charged extra. (except if they have a disease of some sorts ofcourse)

I'm not trying to make sense here. I'm just promoting nudism.
Quote by TheQuailman
I'm not trying to make sense here. I'm just promoting nudism.

In that case, i totally agree
kthxbai.
No. That'd be discriminating against larger people.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
Quote by OMGWTFBBQ?

Then the fatty needs to stop eating that much
Of course.
I do hope you enjoyed my little poke at "more equitable distribution of wealth", though.

Quote by captaincrunk
Try buying size 18's at K mart
Size 18 what? Shoes? Sounds pretty big, really.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Of course.
I do hope you enjoyed my little poke at "more equitable distribution of wealth", though.

Size 18 what? Shoes? Sounds pretty big, really.

Well, i think the plan is okay, but i also think that if they don't have a disease it's their own problem and it's not up to us to make it fair

But then again, i have no idea if your post was serious
kthxbai.
Last edited by OMGWTFBBQ? at May 30, 2010,
Nah. Itd be taken as a prejiduce (however you spell that) thing. They can pin that shit on anything now.
Quote by OMGWTFBBQ?
But then again, i have no idea if your post was serious
The one about charging more for skinny clothes? Totally tongue-in-cheek.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Page 1 of 2