Well I just got a new blackstar ht studio 20 two days ago by mail. Now for the past two days it has been great. I played it this afternoon and it sounded fabulous. I then changed my strings and when I went to play again..and i could get hardly any volume unless i maxed both the master and channel volume. Either i've busted a tube or the 9 volt in my schecter needs replacing...my tubes look normal...any ideas?
I will ruin every of your stuff...

Sir, I believe I love you.
Yeah you can sig that if you want.
-Posted by Kynyster_K
Touch the tip of your instrument cable plugged into the amp to see if it buzzes at a normal volume. If it buzzes quietly the problem has to do with the amp. Buzzes normal volume its the guitar. Check the EQ just in case (I doubt you would have missed an eq set to 1 across the board or something extremely low but its worth mentioning.)

Might be the chord too so try switching that.

Make sure you test all this with your guitar going directly into the amp. No other variables in between to muck up your process of elimination.

Good luck. Hopefully its the cheap batteries. If not you should definitely bring it up with the manufacturer.
I Survived The "Silent Deftone Cocksucking Forum"!-August 15th, 2006
Last edited by dez_cole at May 30, 2010,
Tis a hellraiser....makes me moist

-Posted by Kynyster_K
Quote by dez_cole
Touch the tip of your instrument cable to see if it buzzes at a normal volume. If it buzzes quiet it has to do with the amp. Buzzes normal volume its the guitar. Check the EQ just in case (I doubt you would have missed an eq set to 1 across the board or something extremely low but its worth mentioning.)

Might be the chord too so try switching that.

Make sure you test all this with your guitar going directly into the amp. No other variables in between to muck up your process of elimination.

Good luck. Hopefully its the cheap batteries. If not you should definitely bring it up with the manufacturer.

thanks a lot. I'll give this one a go annd see what happens

-Posted by Kynyster_K
try to replace the baterry and see what happens... doesnt cost you that much to try