How does the sound of Lace Sensors compare to Dimarzio single-coil sized humbucking pickups of the same output level/eq curve?

Which do you think is better?
"teh most gains"
kinda different beasts. the dimarzio's if true single coils will be kinda noisey at higher volume / gain settings. the Lace Sensors have a clarity that may not seem as organic sounding to some. kinda depends on what type of music you'll be playing and how fussy you are about your definition of good strat tone.
lace sensors ftw
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Quote by monwobobbo
kinda different beasts. the dimarzio's if true single coils will be kinda noisey at higher volume / gain settings.

Dimarzio's FTW because I will be using high gain at times. Anyone know why Clapton stopped using the Lace Sensors?
"teh most gains"
Quote by mountain2012
Dimarzio's FTW because I will be using high gain at times. Anyone know why Clapton stopped using the Lace Sensors?

ummm.... that makes no sense. unless you use a stacked or rail style dimarzio then you will end up with a bunch of noise, neither of those are true single coil pickups.

fender has a new noiseless pick up so clapton and jeff beck fenders use them now.
There are I believe seven different Lace single-coils and at least fifteen DiMarzio single-coils. Be more specific.

Edit:

Quote by mountain2012

...Yeah, look. I'm one of the guys who, if you ask, will still tell you that Clapton Is God. But even so, I can tell you now that his taste tonally is going downhill if he honestly thinks that his strat + midboost works better than a 335 would for his kind of sound.

Don't get me wrong, in the right circumstances the strat + midboost sound can work well, I just think that the kind of sound people associate with Eric is much more of a Gibsony sound, so I don't really think his change from one type of single-coil to another is relevant.

Just continuing with strat users, he's used DiMarzios for his sentire career until now, do you really think anyone would say something like this in an argument about Yngwie just because he went to Duncan?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Last edited by necrosis1193 at May 31, 2010,
Quote by necrosis1193
There are I believe seven different Lace single-coils and at least fifteen DiMarzio single-coils. Be more specific.

Edit:

...Yeah, look. I'm one of the guys who, if you ask, will still tell you that Clapton Is God. But even so, I can tell you now that his taste tonally is going downhill if he honestly thinks that his strat + midboost works better than a 335 would for his kind of sound.

Don't get me wrong, in the right circumstances the strat + midboost sound can work well, I just think that the kind of sound people associate with Eric is much more of a Gibsony sound, so I don't really think his change from one type of single-coil to another is relevant.

Just continuing with strat users, he's used DiMarzios for his sentire career until now, do you really think anyone would say something like this in an argument about Yngwie just because he went to Duncan?

i dunno about you're assessment of Clapton. he's been playing a strat for a long time and all of his modern era hits have been played on one. once you get past the bluesbreaker / cream era then it's mainly strats. now i'll freely admit that those were his better days and perhaps best tone. i also agree that his current setup doesn't yield the woman tone with any real degree of accuracy. as for yngwie that was probably more of a money move as the SDs don't seem to sound any diferent to me.