Billy Hydes just started a stocktake sale and they have the Schecter Omen 6 FR for $400 AUD, they also have the Omen Extreme FR for $594 or the regular extreme (without the FR) for $504 or the Demon FR for $637. I don't know which to get. This will be my second guitar as my other is an epiphone SG. So I want to know is it worth paying the extra 200 for the extreme? I haven't really played a Schecter, only once in store but only for a little while so I don't know how they really feel.

So are any of those 3 guitars worth paying the extra $100 - $200 for, because the regular Omen seems decent.
omen extreme has a mahogany body, omen has basswood, mahogany is what they use in most les pauls and other gibsons, but basswood also CAN be a good tonewood, now that being said, Omens are the cheapest schecters in town, and they probably have a not very good cut of basswood, same applies to the mahogany although, the mahogany will sound better even at a low grade cut of woood (IMO)
Eh.
Omen extreme, Definitely.
Put a decent set of pickups in them and they sound great.
Guitar - Washburn X-50PROQ
Amp- Ibanez TBX15r (using to run my POD through)
Pedals - Line6 POD X3, Dunlop Crybaby Gcb-95
Here are the differences...

Schecter Omen 6 Electric Guitar Features:
Basswood body
Bolt-on maple neck
Rosewood fingerboard
25-1/2" scale
24 jumbo frets
Dot markers
String-thru tailpiece
Diamond tuners
Black hardware
Schecter Diamond Plus humbuckers

Schecter Omen Extreme 6 Electric Guitar Features:
Style: Double-cutaway solidbody
Body Back: Mahogany
Body Top: Carved quilted maple
Construction: Bolt-on maple neck
Scale length: 25-1/2"
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Frets: 24 extra-jumbo
Inlays: Vector
Pickups: Schecter Diamond Plus high-output alnico humbuckers
Electronics: Vol/Tone (with push/pull coil-splitting)/3-way
Bridge: Tune-o-matic-style with thru-body string
Binding: Multi-ply black/creme purling with creme on top and headstock, creme on fretboard
Tuners: Schecter
Hardware: Black chrome

Schecter Omen Extreme 6 FR Electric Guitar Features:
Style: Double-cutaway solidbody
Body: Basswood
Construction: Bolt-on maple neck
Scale Length: 25.5"
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Frets: 24 extra-jumbo
Inlays: Vector
Pickups: Schecter Diamond Plus high-output alnico humbuckers
Electronics: Vol/Tone (with coil-splitting)/3-way toggle
Bridge: Licensed Floyd Rose locking tremolo
Binding: Multi-ply black/creme purfling with creme on top and headstock, creme on fretboard
Tuners: Schecter
Hardware: Black chrome
i have the omen. i love mine. i never played the extreme, but i do love my omen.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
I've been reading some bad things about the Floyd Rose and I've kinda decided against a guitar with it as it sounds like too much of a hassle because I like to change tunings quite often, also I will treat it like a novelty as I don't think my music has much use for it. But I like the omen extreme anyway, one thing though, is there much of a width difference in the neck (like the space between strings), between the omen and the extreme, because pictures I've seen make the extreme's neck look really small.