So, i've been playing guitar for 2 years and recently decided to get into bass. Today i was looking in a guitar store at various basses, and came across the Schecter Stilleto Extreme 5 string bass. I played it for quite a while, and it felt right, and sounded great to me. I also looked at a lot of other basses, in particular a Schecter Omen, which had active pickups, but i didn't like the sound of actives as much as i liked the passive.

Do any of you have experience with this bass? Do you think i should buy it? I'm almost 100% sure i will but just looking for some experienced feedback from you guys

Thanks

Edit: Forgot to mention, i play blues, rock, metal. but my favorite is like The Raconteurs kind of stuff
Originally Posted by CaptainJack666
i can see why he likes elevators, theyre a truly uplifting experience

Join The NSW FTW Group
PM Lrn2shrd69, Greekmagician or dougie_mate to join.
Last edited by CoF-Dean at May 30, 2010,
Hey, i guess you're right And it did feel amazing, it felt like it chose me. It just stood out from everything else.

and i got it put aside, for $599 so i'll buy it

I'm soon to be a very happy guitarist
Originally Posted by CaptainJack666
i can see why he likes elevators, theyre a truly uplifting experience

Join The NSW FTW Group
PM Lrn2shrd69, Greekmagician or dougie_mate to join.
Quote by CoF-Dean
Hey, i guess you're right And it did feel amazing, it felt like it chose me. It just stood out from everything else.

and i got it put aside, for $599 so i'll buy it

I'm soon to be a very happy guitarist

Hope it works out for you! I have a Schecter Stiletto Elite-5 and I am in love with it. The tonal variety is fantastic. I play rock/metal/prog stuff, but transitioning my tone from Dream Theater and Muse to Incubus and Sublime is cake.

I wonder what the differences between the two models are. I'll check them out later. Enjoy the Schecter!
All your bass are belong to me <3
Ah you're one of the lucky ones, and Schecter's actually feel good in your hands. Some of us just aren't compatible with them, but the Stiletto's are fantastic, well-built basses. Congrats on the soon-to-be-acquisition.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by AllYourBass
Hope it works out for you! I have a Schecter Stiletto Elite-5 and I am in love with it. The tonal variety is fantastic. I play rock/metal/prog stuff, but transitioning my tone from Dream Theater and Muse to Incubus and Sublime is cake.

I wonder what the differences between the two models are. I'll check them out later. Enjoy the Schecter!

I have a Schecter Studio 5 and I love that thing. I think the main difference between the Extreme and Elite is the Wood used for the body and the Elite is Neck-Thru while the Extreme is Bolt-On.
Guitars
· Ibanez PF · Washburn WG-248 · Ibanez S520Ex
· Ibanez BTB455
· Schecter Studio 5
Amp & Accessories
· Peavey Valveking 212
· Carvin BX1200
· · TraceElliot 1028H
· · Custom 1x15 Eminence

· · Carvin BRX4.10