with the way i am alternate picking i can do it pretty fluently and comfortabley and can do some really high tempos.
but i was worried my actual technique was wrong, because that could mess me up at higher levels on guitar.
over all... my hand feels comfortable so i think the positioning is right.
the main point that is putting me of is that i would pick the major scale like(down-up-down-up) then descending back down as (up-down-up-down)
is this right?
You'd hit the last note with an upstroke which should be followed by a down stroke if you're reversing the pattern, to maintain the rhythm of down-up-down-up consistently

Thats my understanding, i'm self taught so i could well be wrong
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Sounds right to me man, just go with whatever is comfortable for you
since you're feeling comfortable and all guess you're doing it right. Keep up the good work
Quote by Lucas--
with the way i am alternate picking i can do it pretty fluently and comfortabley and can do some really high tempos.
but i was worried my actual technique was wrong, because that could mess me up at higher levels on guitar.
over all... my hand feels comfortable so i think the positioning is right.
the main point that is putting me of is that i would pick the major scale like(down-up-down-up) then descending back down as (up-down-up-down)
is this right?

The only key tenet of alternate picking is that an upstroke is always followed by a downstroke and a downstroke is always followed by an upstroke, beyond that it depends on what you're actually playing and how the notes fall across the strings, simply saying "the major scale" doesn't really mean anything anyway.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.