Gear: Fender Strat, VOX AC30CC1

I'm looking for a OD pedal to boost my amp's overdrive during solos etc..
so far i have the TS808/TS9 or Boss BD-2 in mind, but i'm open to others as well - preferably <$200.

I wouldn't need it to push my amp into metal territory, more of a blues/rock tone. Artists i'm aiming for would be SRV/Hendrix/Pink Floyd/Queen.

Thanks for any input .
Boss BD-2 is awesome, you can get any amount of overdrive you want, from just a clean boost to a metally sort of distortion. I got one yesterday for only £15 as well!
Do you have any idea how loud you have to run those things to get them to break up?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
The amp has a master volume, so i pretty much have the volume at 7 and master volume near 1-2. The overdrive is great, though it lacks the extra punch(for lack of a better word) when i want to start a solo.

I'll definitely look into the blackstar stuff. Thanks a bunch.
Easy. Xotic BB Preamp. Mine sounds absolutely stunning with my friend's AC30. May want to look into an AC Booster or even some other pedals. But that's the one I can highly recomment with confidence.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by WtrPlyr
A treble booster sounds great with ACs

Yep I second this
Everyone with an AC30 says that the Crowther Audio Hotcake is the be all end all of OD pedals for their amp. It's pretty universally accepted that the 2 are a match made in heaven.

I'd give it a shot.