Hey, Has anyone got any info on these models? I've seen an advert for one recently. The seller thinks it is late 80's but is unsure about it. The serial is 334799.
It has a maple neck and rosewood fretboard, has the Charvel 'toothpaste' logo on, has a schaller double locking trem (Floyd Rose), has a volume and tone control, a five way switch and two mini toggles that the owner appears to have added? The routing is H-S-S. It also has a flame maple top and a trans-blue finish.
Can anyone help?
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

Last edited by TomG10-7 at May 30, 2010,
Quote by TomG10-7
Hey, Has anyone got any info on these models? I've seen an advert for one recently. The seller thinks it is late 80's but is unsure about it. The serial is 334799.
It has a maple neck and rosewood fretboard, has the Charvel 'toothpaste' logo on, has a schaller double locking trem (Floyd Rose), has a volume and tone control, a five way switch and two mini toggles that the owner appears to have added? The routing is H-S-S. It also has a flame maple top and a trans-blue finish.
Can anyone help?

It sounds like the previous owner upgraded the electronics and the locking bridge. The 375 series was an entry to mid-level Charvel that was popular with 80's hair metal bar bands. The pros bought the more expensive Charvels and Jacksons. It should be a decent guitar, and if you like it and can get it for a good price, go for it.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Okay, Cheers, Would you say that 350 GBP is a good price for one second hand? Its pretty much mint condition and has SD JB-J in the bridge. It also comes with a soft case.
I may be able to get it down to 300, but that might be a bit anmbitious. Is this a good deal?
- Joe Bonamassa

350 pounds sounds a bit high, but if you are a fan of 80's guitars and when you take into account the retrofit Floyd and electronics, it might be worth it. The main issue is how much is it worth to you?
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Hmmm, I am a massive massive fan of 80's guitars. However I dont think I will be truly happy with any guitar I have until I get my hands on a proper 80's Kramer Baretta or for some reason a BC Rich Mockingbird. I think I'll probably give this one a miss. Cheers for the help though Fatal
- Joe Bonamassa