Poll: ?
Poll Options
View poll results: ?
Kill robots.
27 54%
Keep it fair.
23 46%
Voters: 50.
Inspired by Leviathan's robot emotion thread.

It's the future, and there are robots that are equal to humans in every way. They look like us, think like us etc etc. Only difference is they are clearly much nicer than us. They're all kind and loving and shit.

We're on a dying planet and there isn't enough recourses to sustain the whole population of like, 3 billion people and 3 billion robots.

You can either kill all the robots at the touch of a button, or let half of each group starve. The choice is yours.

Btw: We don't know of their niceness is just a simulation or is genuine consciousness.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Actually, it's more like 7 billion people.

And it depends what kind of resources the robots require.

I didn't realize you where from the future.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Bye bye robots.

Look after our own first is what I say
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by ChucklesMginty

No. You don't have to worry about that, though. I just chose 3 bill and 3 bill because i felt like those numbers.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
I didn't realize you where from the future.

I am.

I'd destroy the robots, no question.
Let people starve. There needs to be less of us anyway, and I'm pretty resilient so I'd live.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by OddOneOut
Bye bye robots.

Look after our own first is what I say

Pretty much this
DeVillains!
Quote by Ganoosh
Let people starve. There needs to be less of us anyway, and I'm pretty resilient so I'd live.

As your user title suggests...
Without robots human will probably go extinct anyway...
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

How the FVck did the population cut by more than a half?
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Quote by Rancid Ivy
How the FVck did the population cut by more than a half?

Scurvy.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
I'd kill the robots.

Plus they can't be nicer than me. I'm the nicest guy on earth
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
If I had to choose between some (specific) people and bacteria, I would choose the bacteria, let alone if it were robots.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Awwww, I influenced something.

Quote by CrimsonBizzare
As your user title suggests...

His avatar suggests a British accent, so he may 'ate humanity. You know what I mean, guvnah?
Last edited by 'Leviathan' at May 30, 2010,
Quote by 'Leviathan'
His avatar suggests a British accent, so he may 'ate humanity. You know what I mean, guvnah?

I get it now. But now I'm not sure what he actually means...
So... kill the nice guys or kill the arseholes? Both options sound immoral.

The problem with wether the robots are conscious and really nice guys or just machines programmed to fake it is a problem of other minds. In other words, we can't evaluate it, sooooo... if it looks conscious I'm gonna have to assume it is.

So I guess the fairest way of going about it is doing nothing at all and see who makes it?
Quote by CrimsonBizzare
I get it now. But now I'm not sure what he actually means...

I actually don't have an accent. Which means that I did, in fact, eat civilization. Watch out for me.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
If the robots are genuinely nice guys, kind and loving ect, then the best solution is to ask them to come up with a solution. Because of their altruism, they would naturaly either volunteer to end their own existence for the sake of others, or volunteer to be temporarily shut down until a solution can be found, or even volunteer to leave the planet and go in search of somewhere else to live.
As robots, they could naturaly thrive in many conditions that we could not even survive in, life support in a spacecraft wouldn't be needed, they wouldn't suffer from muscle wastage and they don't suffer from aging so they are quite suited to the very long time in space it would take to find another planet similar to our own, or could even re-locate to a nearer rocky planet like Mars for instance.
I'm not a big fan of people, whereas I love robots. However, I'm a person, so I can't really advocate the existence of a third button to kill all the people.

Thus, keep it half and half.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Half and half. As robots are nicer, they would make better use of the planet. Allthough it would be tough to determine which humans go
I'm not sure about nicer, but they would definitely be more original.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.