This past christmas I got a 100 watt Sony subwoofer for the stereo in my room/recording.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+10%22+100-Watt+Powered+Subwoofer/8417527.p?id=1213047115936&skuId=8417527&st=sony%20subwoofer&cp=1&lp=1

I am very confused about this. I know how to hook it up to my stereo but I don't know how to hook it up to use with recording. Supposedly my brother told me he read in the manual that it has a built in crossover so if he's right I don't need that. I asked a guy at Guitar Center how and he said you can' use a home theater sub for recording but what the **** is the difference? A sub is a sub right? Anyway in the back of the sub there isn't really much back there. There's 2 knobs to adjust the frequency response and something else I can't remember. Other than that there's just a place to plug in speaker wire (red/black). So how exactly do I set this up into an interface? Or do I need a different sub since it doesn't have the right connections?
Its not really meant to use with a studio setup. If anything, it will color your mixes
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
Its not really meant to use with a studio setup. If anything, it will color your mixes

This.

I don't know much about Sub's, but with some (If not all) you need a seperate output for them (If so, I'd imagine there is an adapted or interface you can plug into a normal speaker output that will let you send sound to normal speakers/moniters and a sub), or something, so that only the right frequencies go to them. Someone may wish to correct me on that though.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Jun 5, 2010,
no the sub conect to the interface then your speakers connect to the sub
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Quote by hans the lefty
no the sub conect to the interface then your speakers connect to the sub

correct - that's how mine is hooked up. I use an Altec Lansing sub-woofer system - when I play my guitar or record I use headphones cause everything sounds so much better.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
ye all sub worth using are like that
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL