http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Adam124/music/

So I have a new song for you guys to listen to. It's titled "Sun". I'v been out for a while revising for my exams and in that space of time the rest of my bandmates have been busy writing and this is what they produced!

Obviously it's unfinished, I still need to add my parts and so on. Despite that I think they did a great job.

C4C as always guys.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Hey, thanks for critting my song!

The beginning was very good. What program do you use for the piano? Until the techno parts came it reminded me of Giant Squid, you might like them (if you don't know them already).

The beginning of the distorted part was kinda muddy... the done just misses something. It's not "in your face" enough. You might want to up the mids on it a bit.

The vocals were really cool too. I wasn't too fond of the electronic bits though. You should probably have a guitar play that with some effects or something. It feels out of place.

The buildup is great, but you just need to work on the sounds a bit. The electronics feel out of place. Other than that great job!
i honestly not sure what to say about this.

the guitars are good. nice pinch harmonics. bass sounds good

overall production is good. to me it feel like it doesnt go anywhere?

im not sure. it has nothing that pulls me n want to listen again.

sorry if it seems harsh. im just not sure what to say/ although the piano is good.

not keen on synthy parts. dont think they work very well. imo.

overall its good.
Like I said I still need to add my parts to make the song stand out a bit more. It's just a rough idea of what it's going to sound like. It's my job now to think of a few riffs to add to it. At the moment it sounds bit meh you see.
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Adam124,
Since you were nice enough to check out 2 of my tunes, I listened to 2 of yours. I listened to "New Song": Drums sound good, what are they? Song is a bit heavier than what I usually listen to, but some of the riffs really rock! Sounds like it could use some vocals though. I did the vocals on the tunes of mine that you heard recently. I might be possibly interested in recording some vocals for that tune if you are sincerely interested. I have to warn you in advance that I'm rather paranoid about copyright issues since I got one of my tunes played on the BBC 6 Music radio station though. Then I listened to "Kriss Kross": I don't like screamo vocals at all, but those were better than your usual screamo singing. I liked the more normal singing parts much better. Instrumentally, everything sounds quite good! Are there many rockers in Northern Ireland? Or do people usually just say they're from the UK? I think you're the first person that does rock on a forum like this say they're from Northern Ireland. I live near Los Angeles, California, USA.
Quote by Adam124
Like I said I still need to add my parts to make the song stand out a bit more. It's just a rough idea of what it's going to sound like. It's my job now to think of a few riffs to add to it. At the moment it sounds bit meh you see.

yeah. let me know when u re-up it. n ill listen again.
Quote by aaron aardvark
Adam124,
Since you were nice enough to check out 2 of my tunes, I listened to 2 of yours. I listened to "New Song": Drums sound good, what are they? Song is a bit heavier than what I usually listen to, but some of the riffs really rock! Sounds like it could use some vocals though. I did the vocals on the tunes of mine that you heard recently. I might be possibly interested in recording some vocals for that tune if you are sincerely interested. I have to warn you in advance that I'm rather paranoid about copyright issues since I got one of my tunes played on the BBC 6 Music radio station though. Then I listened to "Kriss Kross": I don't like screamo vocals at all, but those were better than your usual screamo singing. I liked the more normal singing parts much better. Instrumentally, everything sounds quite good! Are there many rockers in Northern Ireland? Or do people usually just say they're from the UK? I think you're the first person that does rock on a forum like this say they're from Northern Ireland. I live near Los Angeles, California, USA.

There is quite a big following for rock music in general in Northern Ireland. There's quite a few users on this forum from here although some not as active as others. You're not the first person to ask if they may do a vocal track on one of my songs! Thanks but I already have 3 vocalists already(1 screaming/growling, 1 lead clean singing and 1 backing vocals/clean singing), we just haven't got round to recording all the vocals fully. Thank you for the kind words nevertheless, it means a lot!
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Fantastic song man!! :O I really like the structure of the song. It goes from point A to point B, rather than going around in circles. Your use of instruments in the song is original, and they work very nicely with each other. (Nice vocals too by the way!)

The production sounds great, but I think the guitars and vocals should be a bit louder and the piano and synth should be a bit softer. The piano also needs more dynamic variation and humanization. I can't really judge on production at the moment since I'm listening through earbuds right now rather than studio monitors.

Oh, and also thanks for the comments on my work! =]